Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2012 8:11:05 PM EDT
Any members here of pha? I'm looking to join and have a nice place to go and shoot. I looked over site and downloaded everything. But I have a question, do you have to have a member sponsor you or something? And is meeting at the seafood restaurant the only place to Turn in application? I live in Lexington so this would be a great local place to go. Thanks for any info. 1 other thing, there isn't a problem  with using nfa items there I hope.
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any members here of pha? I'm looking to join and have a nice place to go and shoot. I looked over site and downloaded everything. But I have a question, do you have to have a member sponsor you or something? And is meeting at the seafood restaurant the only place to Turn in application? I live in Lexington so this would be a great local place to go. Thanks for any info. 1 other thing, there isn't a problem  with using nfa items there I hope.

There are a few people on here that members. Yes you will  need a member or three to sign off for you. The seafood joint is the only place to turn in your application. No machine-guns allowed but every thing else is cool.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2012 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are a few people on here that members. Yes you will  need a member or three to sign off for you. The seafood joint is the only place to turn in your application. No machine-guns allowed but every thing else is cool.  

Member here, above is correct.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not a member, but shoot the monthly tactical match. I highly recommend you come shoot it and meet some of the members. It is a great match.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am not a member, but shoot the monthly tactical match. I highly recommend you come shoot it and meet some of the members. It is a great match.

Same here. Fun matches, worth checking it out.

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a member as well. They will be having an open house some time in Sept. Sorry I don't know the dates off of the top of my head. They have their monthly meetings on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Capt. Stevens Restaurant on 150 at 7:00PM. At just about every meeting there are people looking to join. Most questions can be answered in these meetings.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Open house is Sept 29 9:00am to 4:00 pm .

You should come to the tactical match , lots of good people there .

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, yes I think I'm gonna try to make next tactical match, gonna have to get ideas of thing to bring and use. Wanna be prepared, like some kind of mag holders and the such. Cause I'll have to shoot, never been a good spectator, when it comes to shooting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Open house is Sept 29 9:00am to 4:00 pm .

You should come to the tactical match , lots of good people there .

Keep in mind that they dont pro-rate your membership year so if you join now, it would be a full payment and then another one due in Sept... So the best time to join is when the fiscal year rolls over in Sept.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks, yes I think I'm gonna try to make next tactical match, gonna have to get ideas of thing to bring and use. Wanna be prepared, like some kind of mag holders and the such. Cause I'll have to shoot, never been a good spectator, when it comes to shooting.

I'm one of the ROs for the tactical matches.

Needed:

-Rifle w/ 2-3 mags

-Pistol with at least 2 mags

-Holster

-Chamber flag (a length of weed-eater line will suffice if that's all you have)

-Water.  We generally have some available, but this time of year I wouldn't depend on others to provide hydration.

-150 rifle rounds, 50 pistol rounds (you won't shoot this much, but it will give you a nice buffer.  Round count for the match is usually around 110 rifle/40 pistol)

-Ear/eye pro

-$15 match fee

Nice to have:

-Mag pouches.  Not required, but infinitely faster than using your pockets.  You can use belt pouches, chest rig, USGI LBE, whatever.  I prefer kydex pouches on my belt.

-Chair.  Don't get too comfortable, though... targets won't paste themselves!

-Rifle sling.  This is personal preference; we don't require you to use a sling.

-$5 for lunch (burger/hot dog, chips and drink)

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm one of the ROs for the tactical matches.

Needed:
-Rifle w/ 2-3 mags
-Pistol with at least 2 mags
-Holster
-Chamber flag (a length of weed-eater line will suffice if that's all you have)
-Water.  We generally have some available, but this time of year I wouldn't depend on others to provide hydration.
-150 rifle rounds, 50 pistol rounds (you won't shoot this much, but it will give you a nice buffer.  Round count for the match is usually around 110 rifle/40 pistol)
-Ear/eye pro
-$15 match fee

Nice to have:
-Mag pouches.  Not required, but infinitely faster than using your pockets.  You can use belt pouches, chest rig, USGI LBE, whatever.  I prefer kydex pouches on my belt.
-Chair.  Don't get too comfortable, though... targets won't paste themselves!
-Rifle sling.  This is personal preference; we don't require you to use a sling.
-$5 for lunch (burger/hot dog, chips and drink)

Thanks for this ... I plan on coming to one in next month or so.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks for the info. that helps alot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top