Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2010 9:39:58 AM EDT
Anyone see any Dracos in stock locally anywhere?

I can find them online all day long and have a good FFL to transfer......but I'd like to inspect this buy before purchasing.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 4:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Henderson Defense inspects theirs before shipping.

http://www.hendersondefense.com/store/pc/Draco-7-62-AK47-Handgun-50p213.htm

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think Henderson Defense inspects theirs before shipping.

http://www.hendersondefense.com/store/pc/Draco-7-62-AK47-Handgun-50p213.htm

Yeah, I asked them if they do, and they said they did.  They're going to be who I order from if I can't find one locally.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to get a "Krink" or SBR 7.63x39 AK.

These seem like a pretty reasonable way to go about it.  SBR it and then add a stock.

Are these AK pistols worth a crap?  Is it some type of cut down AK, or is the gas port, piston etc designed as a shorter system?

I've got an Arsenal SGL-21 now, and would really like something of equal quality in an SBR package.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd love to get a "Krink" or SBR 7.63x39 AK.

These seem like a pretty reasonable way to go about it.  SBR it and then add a stock.

Are these AK pistols worth a crap?  Is it some type of cut down AK, or is the gas port, piston etc designed as a shorter system?

I've got an Arsenal SGL-21 now, and would really like something of equal quality in an SBR package.

Thanks for any info you can share!

From what I'm reading, it seems that getting a lemon can and will happen.  But it also seems that Century is very good about replacing them.  I've also asked Henderson Defense here in their subforum if they look over the Draco's they sell, before shipping, to make sure everything's good.  They said they do.  That's a plus.

It's not a cut down AK rifle.  It's built as a pistol, so the gas system is tuned for just that.  That's another plus, as far as ease, compared to getting a 16" AK cut down.  Draco's really are the easiest/cheapest way to an SBR'ed AK, from what I'm reading and seeing.

Another thing to note is that Century only imports them and then distributes them.  They don't monkey with them like they do to the AK rifles they import.  They do that for 922r purposes, and AK pistols aren't bothered by 922r.  Just throwing that out there for the folks who hear "Century" and immediately think of the horror stories they've read about involving that company mucking up the AK rifles they import.

Arsenal is undoubtedly a higher quality.........but, IMHO, when it comes to AK's........if it runs, it's good to go.  A Draco may not have the aesthetic beauty of an Arsenal, but that's not something I worry about, personally.

You can find a bunch more info right here in the AK Pistol subforum: http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=4&f=98

Check out this Draco turned SBR:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=98&t=129664

::drool::

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The Henderson Defense website says the muzzle nut is welded on.

I wonder how big an issue it is to get it off for a proper muzzle device?

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Henderson Defense website says the muzzle nut is welded on.

I wonder how big an issue it is to get it off for a proper muzzle device?

Easy as pie.  Check the tacked thread in the AK Pistol link in my post above.  It's just a small spot weld.  Easily removed with a Dremel (I've even read about people knocking it off with a hammer and flathead, finished up by a file).  Then you can install any AK brake/hider.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like I may have found my X-Mas gift....
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I may be in the market son as well, good to hear someone checks them first before selling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top