Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 5:00:52 PM EDT
Can anyone Recommend a lawyer/attorney in NC that will draft a Trust?

Looking to do an SBR and the CLEO isn't going to sign a Form 1.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I did mine with Quicken Will Maker.  There are a few step by steps and useful links found in the Class 3  section of the Armory tab.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Allen Arms in Greenville, SC. The Attorney the have also does them for NC. 864-250-2007
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sorry to hijack but thanks for the number I will have to give them a call next week.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I contacted Allen Arms and will be calling their reference next week. Looks like my SBR will get rolling in the next few months .
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call Allen Arms in Greenville, SC. The Attorney the have also does them for NC. 864-250-2007

at least now I know who to call if when I need to change my address.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did mine with Quicken Will Maker.  There are a few step by steps and useful links found in the Class 3  section of the Armory tab.

Best price I have found:   Link
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best price I have found:   Link

Your google skills are weak.

http://www.buy.com/prod/quicken-willmaker-premium-2010-with-living-trust-maker/q/sellerid/14544977/loc/105/216556499.html
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#8]
You don't want 2010. It is missing the trust software. Look for a 2009 version.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

From my link. $22.99 shipped.

"Quicken WillMaker Premium 2010 with Living Trust Maker"
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah I just made the mistake of ordering 2010 now I have to return it to amazon
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]

That is what I bought but doesn't include the ability to create a living trust; it only includes an e-book related to creating one. AK_Steve's link includes the necessary program which sells separately for $89 on amazon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Search a little harder and you might run across a free download somewhere for 2009. I did a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Search a little harder and you might run across a free download somewhere for 2009. I did a couple months ago.

Didn't you just pass the bar, young man?  We need to work on your client development skills.  It's hard to pay those student loans if you keep giving out free legal advice
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought the current assistant AG was hell bent on stopping anyone from obtaining NFA through CLEO or a trust, does anyone have better info?

I can live without F/A, but a SBR would be mighty fine...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you just pass the bar, young man?  We need to work on your client development skills.  It's hard to pay those student loans if you keep giving out free legal advice

Yes I did. But I also don't see the need in paying hundreds of dollars to get the same thing. I am not fueled by greed yet. I also don't plan on doing estate planning. I read over MY quicken trust and it looked good to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I did. But I also don't see the need in paying hundreds of dollars to get the same thing. I am not fueled by greed yet. I also don't plan on doing estate planning. I read over MY quicken trust and it looked good to me.

I was just giving you a friendly hard time.  But I'm not talking about greed. I'm talking about a segment of the legal market that needs to be filled.  There are plenty of people who want/need a trust for their toys.  When you draft a trust for a client, you do more than simply fill out some paperwork.  You advise them as to the limits of their trust, and you answer their questions.  You settle their concerns.  How many people fully understand the legal implications of a trust?  How many void the trust by having improper trustees/beneficiaries?  You have the legal knowledge to understand how to set up a trust and how to use it effectively/legally.  Clients pay you for your time, experience, and expertise.  It's the same reason people pay a CPA to do their taxes.  Sure, you could always do your taxes.  But are you sure you did them right?  

And if you do end up going out on your own to practice, having an extra feather in your cap will come in handy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was just giving you a friendly hard time.  But I'm not talking about greed. I'm talking about a segment of the legal market that needs to be filled.  There are plenty of people who want/need a trust for their toys.  When you draft a trust for a client, you do more than simply fill out some paperwork.  You advise them as to the limits of their trust, and you answer their questions.  You settle their concerns.  How many people fully understand the legal implications of a trust?  How many void the trust by having improper trustees/beneficiaries?  You have the legal knowledge to understand how to set up a trust and how to use it effectively/legally.  Clients pay you for your time, experience, and expertise.  It's the same reason people pay a CPA to do their taxes.  Sure, you could always do your taxes.  But are you sure you did them right?  

And if you do end up going out on your own to practice, having an extra feather in your cap will come in handy.

Sounds like an interesting argument to me. If you're an attorney, have spare time, and have an interest in firearms it sounds like a decent thing to do for a little extra change even if it's not your area of expertise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually I do my taxes too. I double majored in accounting and finance in undergrad. . I'm going to look into my trust a little more before I go advertising for business. I  am just not comfortable yet marketing such a product.  Creating the trust is rather simple, its the 2A issues I want to look more at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top