Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 4:37:24 PM EDT
05 wrangler unlimited

first time taking doors off.  and lights inside stay on.  i know what causes it but i need the part to push the button to make the lights stay off.  its sunday so the dealership is closed.  is this something they will have or some place local will have?

hope they are open monday
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Unscrew the light bulbs?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Or pull the courtesy lights fuse till ya get the part?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
duct tape the doo-hickey down???
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Or pull the courtesy lights fuse till ya get the part?

Can't find it. I read it was fuse number 4 and its under the glove box. I don't see it. All the fuses i see are under the hood

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
duct tape the doo-hickey down???

Spring that is holding

it is to strong
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]
You can use Duct tape, or take out the switch.

I have a Wrangler also. My topand doors stays off all the time from march to about mid to late November.

I too the switch off, because duct tape only works for a few days.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
oh and btw the fuse box is behind the glove box.

you open the glove box, then there is a plastic  type catch arm. You push that back and then it all but falls out.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
oh and btw the fuse box is behind the glove box.

you open the glove box, then there is a plastic  type catch arm. You push that back and then it all but falls out.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:52:47 AM EDT
[#9]
You can most likely unscrew the switch and unplug it to make it stop. At least that's the way GM does it. The sheet metal completes the ground.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top