Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 8:02:50 AM EDT
Anyone in the Arcadia/North Davidson area do work on these 4wheelers.
I bought a preowned one and would like someone local to do service work and to do a once over.
Thanks.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not in your AO (I'm in Hendersonville), but if you have any questions, shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a Polaris 98 400 Explorer and do all my own work.There really quite easy to work on and the parts are not as pricey as say Honda.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad it's not a yamaha... I'm no tech but have completely rebuilt and troubleshot a few non-running quads so I know them inside & out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.
Since this is a preowned ATV I'm wanting someone with more experience than me to do an inspection of the ATV to tell me what might need adjusting or replacing.
After that I'll be doing the regular mainteance.
I took it to the deer land Saturday and it cranks and runs great. Hit the switch and it starts right up.
The only problem or concern is that when I put it in reverse it kinda of wheel hops or hesitates in a jerky motion.
It's a 425 Magnum 2x4.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW I had a Yamaha warrior and raptor, both sport quads with reverse, and they would jerk a bit when put into reverse. I know it's kind of hard to describe the harshness of the engagement but it may possibly be normal since the machines are rather small. Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FWIW I had a Yamaha warrior and raptor, both sport quads with reverse, and they would jerk a bit when put into reverse. I know it's kind of hard to describe the harshness of the engagement but it may possibly be normal since the machines are rather small. Just something to think about.

Lets hope.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone in the Arcadia/North Davidson area do work on these 4wheelers.
I bought a preowned one and would like someone local to do service work and to do a once over.
Thanks.
GLOCK-23

Try World Class Imports in High Point on North Main St. http://www.carolinapolaris.com/index.htm They are a Polaris dealer and service center.
336-882-2900
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm taking it by there tomorrow.
I was hopeing someone was nearer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top