Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 5:02:48 PM EDT
i'll have the pleasure of working in waynesville for a couple of days, ... so whats to do and where to go after work is done ? mostly looking for gunshops/army surplus stores to plunder

thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm from Asheville so my help is limited.  But try The Grouches army surplus store right off of main street.  You can't miss it. There is a old anti air craft gun setting in the adjacent parking lot in front of the store.  You can find almost anything if you are willing to dig through the mess to find it.  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ace Hardware on the Main st. has Carolina Mt. Tactical to the right side of it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm from Asheville so my help is limited.  But try The Grouches army surplus store right off of main street.  You can't miss it. There is a old anti air craft gun setting in the adjacent parking lot in front of the store.  You can find almost anything if you are willing to dig through the mess to find it.  I hope this helps.

The Old Grouch's is a great store.  It is not in Waynesville though, it is in Clyde, which is just east of Waynesville.  It is just off the main street.

There is also a surplus store at the western end of the main drag in Maggie Valley (right after the Ghost Town entrance). The woman there is really nice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Old Grouch's is a great store.  It is not in Waynesville though, it is in Clyde, which is just east of Waynesville.  It is just off the main street.

There is also a surplus store at the western end of the main drag in Maggie Valley (right after the Ghost Town entrance). The woman there is really nice.

You're right about grouches.  My bad.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
great info guys, ... old grouche's it is then, and carolinia mt tactical is in clyde or main st waynesville ?

thanks again
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
carolina mt. tactical right in wainsville, 1570 S Main St.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a problem.  Any time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:10:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Collector's Paradise too. They have a large volume of AR's and pistols. Loacated on Hazelwood Ave, just a few blocks from Cline Bradley (CMT).
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]
report as follows;

the old grouch - no one there was grouchy at all, actualy they were very friendly , now thats what i expect when i walk into a surplus store, piles of stuff to dig through, nothing in any specific order, and actual .mil surplus. i picked up a few things

CMT - nice folks, nice recievers ... stripped lowers for $110. i'm guessing it will make a fine rifle for my little girl of course i'll have to wait 17 years and  6 months to give it to her, but hey it gives me plenty of time to build it right

i also was able to gps a place called rex's guns and indoor range, E of hendersonville off of 26 ... when i walked in, i thought i was in heaven - ammo everywhere, all types,all calibers, and lots of it ... then i saw the prices and realized why

again thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I thought about mentioning Rex's but it's quite a haul from waynesville.  They can be pretty pricey on their stuff.  Glad you had a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top