Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 6:43:46 PM EDT
DakkaMan is leaving for Army basic training on the 23rd, and he figured that instead of storing what little remains of his ammo fort until he gets back, we should make some noise with it.  So this Sunday a few of us are heading up to Uwharrie to do just that.  The plan a few months ago was to turn this into a camping trip, but as things have transpired that just ain't happening.  If you'll be in the area, stop on by after 12 or so and we should be there for Dakka's last hurrah before Uncle Sam spirits him away to Fort Jackson for a few weeks and then to AIT to become a 15G (Aircraft Structural Repair).  Nothing special planned; just a day at the range.

Sorry for the late notice, but between how close we are to the usual time for the Fall shoot and DCNC's class on the 19th (have fun) I didn't figure we would get many people who live far from the range anyway.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid job.

Have fun. I hope I can run into you guys sometime when you get leave.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Robin Sage is going on right now too........I will try and see if we can make it up there Sunday......A couple of team members here are participating in it right now
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to be there.

Who's bringing the mandatory teddy bear ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Robin Sage is going on right now too........I will try and see if we can make it up there Sunday......A couple of team members here are participating in it right now

Were back done our part and had a Blast!!!!!

Will be there at the range on Sunday.

Cool, sounds like it was a blast!!!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was some of this and a little of this and a lot of this and this and finally some well deserved there was a whole lot of running through the woods, crossing creeks and over steep hills and back again.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. If we only had a smiley for "INCOMING!!!!!!!" and then a mortar strike smiley.

Oh and if anybody is interested in a box full of cheese and egg omelette MRE's Sam and I can hook you up!

Only the gov could F up eggs and cheese.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was some of this and a little of this and a lot of this and this and finally some well deserved there was a whole lot of running through the woods, crossing creeks and over steep hills and back again.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. If we only had a smiley for "INCOMING!!!!!!!" and then a mortar strike smiley.

Oh and if anybody is interested in a box full of cheese and egg omelette MRE's Sam and I can hook you up!

Only the gov could F up eggs and cheese.

Include Mountain House in f'ing up eggs...........

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll try to be there.

Who's bringing the mandatory teddy bear ?

One of the rangers almost ticketed a friend of mine for that when we brought the bear out for Round 2 (he was the one on the line at the time), so we'll hold off on it this time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I thought I was going to make it but I can't.

DakkaMan, I wish you the best on your journey ahead into the US Army. Thank you for your service and you will be missed at all of the Hometown shoots.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top