Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 4:09:13 PM EDT
They got in some powder earlier in the week and it's already gone.

There is nothing over there.

No primers
No powder (save a few bottles of odd stuff)
No bullets (save some oddball rifle sizes)
No reloading tools (save a few tumblers, lee/rcbs shellholders in odd calibers, and a pair of RCBS powder scales)
No dies (save some oddball rifle calibers)

NO HANDGUN AMMO, PERIOD

I was in there on a Saturday afternoon and you could hear a pin drop. I watched gun show attendee after gun show attendee walk to the reloading supplies area and leave.

All I  got was an RCBS reloading tray for $2.50 more than what GA Arms wanted at the gun show. All I got as a discount on their "balloon" promotion was 5% off...didn't even cover the sales tax on a $9 item.

I should have not driven as far and instead gone to shooter's choice.

I think they're headed in the same direction as Circuit City.  BPS and Cabelas are hurting and they blow these folks away.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I go there for anymore is jeans.  It takes me about 2 minutes to walk through the whole gun section.  I don't even go there anymore unless I happen to be in that part of town.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
They are already bankrupt.  Their Columbia employees have been known to say they'll get more stuff in once they start paying their bills.

ETA:

How they stepped on their dick.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They are already bankrupt.  Their Columbia employees have been known to say they'll get more stuff in once they start paying their bills.

Funny you should mention that. The store manager was saying that exact same thing to the kid working in the knife dept.

That's a shame. Today is only the second time I've been in there since they opened and I remember the last time I was in there (December of '06) they were stocked to the gills with reloading supplies, tools, components, ammo...the works.

Coming soon in the same location: Supermercado de Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:13:31 AM EDT
[#4]
they have'nt had anything since nov of 08. thought it was from the obama rage, but then found out it was money issues back in feb.

the new wallyworld is up the road a little bit - in ballentine, at the 76/176 split. but its not open yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top