Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 6:41:51 PM EDT
I am relatively new to shooting, only been actively shooting for about seven years now. Rifles, only three. I've know since I started with rifles that I am terrible with them. I love shooting them, but I'm not very good. A few months ago I aquired a wonderful little .308 that has capabilities beyond my current skill. And then a few weeks ago I bought my first AR15, also capabale of things I am not as of yet. Some people have tried giving me "lessons" online and that just doesn't help at all. So does anyone know some place I can go to learn some basics on rifles and maybe advance further when the time is right, for a reasonable cost? I'm not looking for one of these classes across the country that costs $1000 a day. I'd like someone local with a lower charge than that. I can get a pretty good group at 100 yards with both the rifles I mentioned, but I start getting shaky after that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are seeking pure accuracy at distance, I'd seek out some highpower shooters to train with. Another option would be to attend one of the Appleseed shoots that are held in the area
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sable15,

I would be more than happy to help you out. I have two ranges in NC that we can use. One is near Durham and the other is near Wilson.

The Durham range is 500yds and the Wilson range is 1000yds.

So anything you would like help with I can meet your goals.

Send me a e-mail @ [email protected] and we can talk more. If you would like too.

BTW, my prices are fair and below market pricing. I have a solid list of students you can talk to about my past classes if you would like to contact them.

John
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where are you located?

Morrisville, NC
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Sable15,

I was happy to reply to your e-mail. Let me know if there is anything I can do to meet your training needs.

John
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I will definetly be getting in touch with you. I have to save up for the classes (I'm still paying off my new AR). And of course now I want to do more than I originally asked about. LOL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top