Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2009 10:03:34 PM EDT
So looking at handgunlaw.us SC seems to be the most friendly to carrying in national parks or forests, NC and TN don't seem to like it. Then there's recent laws that have been added, removed, and added to another bill, which have never been an issure for me before, but now I need to know...

So, whether carrying w/ a permit, or otherwise having access to a handgun in a vehicle or on a motorcycle, anyone know the latest laws in NC/TN or SC?

Planning a motorcycle trip to mountains very soon. Likely in NC/TN most of the time, but at some point may be in SC.

Seems some of it is National Park, and some of it may be National Forest.

If I can't carry, wanted to make sure I was ok if had something in a bag on the bike or something?

Thanks.

Karz
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about national forests, but carry in national parks is not legal and won't be until February of next  year.

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Don't know about national forests, but carry in national parks is not legal and won't be until February of next  year.

So does that mean CCW, or no firearms in vehicle period? Assume you're only referring to NC, or do you mean something else?
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
In TN, you are good to have the gun on you person/in your bike in a National Forest... but if you go into the National Park, I would suggest leaving the gun somewhere else, cause if you get caught youre hosed. (Its illegal)
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does that mean CCW, or no firearms in vehicle period? Assume you're only referring to NC, or do you mean something else?

no firearms period except for those that are unloaded and locked in the trunk... that applies to all national parks until 2/22/10
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
"No officer, I do not give permission for a search!"  If you have lockable bags/storage areas on your bike you may consider carrying in the parks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you ment to say State Park. State Park = ok in SC unless something has changed I am not aware of.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#7]
In NC as along as you are in a national forest campground or campsite or on a state road/interstate in a National Forest, you are OK.

Anything else is violating hunting/trapping regulations for game lands. National forests are game lands in NC (lands open for public hunting)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top