Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2009 5:39:44 AM EDT
State Fairgrounds
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there, as long as the line isn't too long to get in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
GA Arms is scheduled to be there.

Any others? Upstate Armory?
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Upstate Armory will be there - Look for us in the "Champagne Room"!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Upstate Armory will be there - Look for us in the "Champagne Room"!!

You guys going to have any lowers?
BK

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Upstate Armory will be there - Look for us in the "Champagne Room!!

Too funny.  We'll be there - woo hoo!
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Upstate Armory will be there - Look for us in the "Champagne Room!!

Too funny.  We'll be there - woo hoo!

What's the name of your company?
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
We are South Carolina Gun Company.  We'll be down at the Fairgrounds in 'Cola the 13th & 14th.  Our niche seems to be Mosin Nagant rifles.  We also sell ammo, sight adjusters, scopes, etc.  Stop by and say hi!
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll be there, as long as the line isn't too long to get in.

Yeah, but you gotta GO THERE to find out, don't ya?
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Made a few phone calls, Apparently there will be NO primers. Anyone hear any different. Doesnt surprise me, just wondering!
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there too.

Palmetto State Tactical Supply.  I've been at the last few Jamil Shows, but this is my first Fair Grounds show.  I't will also be our last show for a few months, as my wife and I are expecting child #2, a boy, in the next couple of weeks!

Stop by and check us out.  We'll have some new goodies!  Daniel Defense's new BUIS and VFG.  BFG slings and Ten Speed Mag pouches.  VLTOR EMODS, light mounts, and buffer tubes.  Magpul PMAGS, MOE Handguards, CTR & Moe stocks,.  ADM mounts, Aimpoint, etc...

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I't will also be our last show for a few months, as my wife and I are expecting child #2, a boy, in the next couple of weeks!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!  Let me be the first to congratulate you!!!    That's wayyyy cool...
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I't will also be our last show for a few months, as my wife and I are expecting child #2, a boy, in the next couple of weeks!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!  Let me be the first to congratulate you!!!    That's wayyyy cool...

Thanks!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
MY PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND:

1. There will be a very long line to get in when the show opens on Saturday morning and attendence will be very heavy all day.  Attendance on Sunday will be somewhat lighter in the morning but picking up in the afternoon.

I was there on Saturday mid-day no waiting to get in. Show was pretty crowded but could be worse.

2. LE presence at show will be heavier than usual. Columbia PD officers working security will do their usual excellent job of intimidating attendees as to whether or not they're bringing in concealed weapons.

One retired state constable checking firearms. He told me that he had at least three people on Saturday hand him loaded handguns.

3. Components: no primers, decent selection of powder, fair, overpriced selection of reloading tools, no bullets in common handgun/rifle calibers.

GA Arms had a good supply of SP primers, fairly priced, on Satruday. Reloading tools selection, as predicted, was fair and actually not overpriced IMO.  Plenty of powder except Unique and Ramshot brand. Bullets were harder to find. Brookshires (powder vendor) had Zero Brand jacketed bullets in 9mm.

4. Prices in AR's will have dropped somewhat. Prices on AK-variants will not.

Plenty of AR's and AK's but I did not check prices.

5. Good selection of handguns although prices will be somewhat high.

I was correct.

6. Magazines will be plentiful and fairly priced.

Again, correct.

7. Ammo will be generally outrageously overpriced and someone will be selling boxes and boxes of Wal-Mart 9mm value packs for $50+. Georgia Arms will do a very brisk business all weekend.

Ammo prices ranged from "fair" to "WTF????!!!!!"

8. There will be at least one pregnant woman with a tramp stamp tattoo....she'll have been to Wal-Mart earlier in the day so bring your bingo card.

There's always a circus at the fun show.

7. There will be no ND's but at least one person will be arrested likely for showing their ass over who-knows-what.  

No one got arrested while I was there but there were a few people there who obviously were no strangers to the legal system.

8. The John Birch Society will have a table.

YES!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!

9. Beef jerky will be overpriced "due to fire/explosion at major processing plant in NC"

I thought so and that cookware guy was just annoying. THIS IS A GUN SHOW, DANG IT!!!!!

10. Marked increase in "thug life" attendees (see No. 2)

They were there, that's for sure. Odd...didn't see any over at the Civil War show.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm...

I'm thinkin' I needs to went!!

See you there!  I'll be the guy you don't know that you don't recognize.  Yeah, that one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
What the hell is the John Birch Society doing there anyway?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What the hell is the John Birch Society doing there anyway?

The JBS as well as other political groups used to be a regular feature at the fairgrounds shows when they were promoted by All American Shows (now defunct).

I have no idea if they're still there

Obviously Dixie shows remain...apolitical.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be there trying to sell or trade my almost new(only 50 rounds put through it after building it) Stag lower/m&a 16" A3 car upper w/carry handle  AR for $900. Or trade for a nice 1911. I have 4 ar's and really want a 1911. Pass the word.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Like there isn't enough politics with guns now anyway!  The JBS guy's opening line is:  "Friend, can I tell you what's going in the world today?"  He had a table directly behind me at the last gun show & you I guess you could say I am familiar with his rhetoric?

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
One of my favorite vendors at the old C&E shows in Ladson was that guy selling hardback copies of "Little Black Sambo" and VHS copies (tells you how long it's been) of Walt Disney's "Song of the South"...and the usual confederate trinkets.

Got no use for the  trinkets...and I don't own a VHS player but I did like the book as a child.  Those tigers running around that tree and turning themselves into melted butter just mesmerized my young mind.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I hear from reliable sources that Silent Bob et al (Upstate Armory will be there).  Anybody else gonna be there?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, I hear from reliable sources that Silent Bob et al (Upstate Armory will be there).  Anybody else gonna be there?

I'm bringing a washtub full of beanie babies. I'll make millions. MILLIONS...MUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Like there isn't enough politics with guns now anyway!  The JBS guy's opening line is:  "Friend, can I tell you what's going in the world today?"  He had a table directly behind me at the last gun show & you I guess you could say I am familiar with his rhetoric?

I heard that they've located their table right next to yours...

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard that they've located their table right next to yours...

And the guy staffing the table is an introvert.  He'll only talk to other folks with tables.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, I got up at 5:30 with the idea of rolling out of here at 6:00am and having my ass planted in line NLT 7:30...steeling my self for a 90 minute (or longer) wait. SCREW that.

Ended up installing Adium on my computer and testing it out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, I got up at 5:30 with the idea of rolling out of here at 6:00am and having my ass planted in line NLT 7:30...steeling my self for a 90 minute (or longer) wait. SCREW that.

Ended up installing Adium on my computer and testing it out.

I don't know if the hype is still on or if it's died down. I'm going to go to the show sometime today... maybe tomorrow.  I really don't need anything and I'll let those who do go first.  I'm going to put mowing the lawn and putting down pinestraw ahead of the show.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I went to the show today.  Long line to get in at 0900, but if you went to the Civil War show in the other building, you had a much shorter line and admission gets you into both shows––I waited for a total of 2 minutes

Georgia Arms was doing a LOT of business––even with the 100 rd limit per customer on several calibers, they had a line wrapped around the table to pay.  They had a few 1 lb bottles of various powders but they had primers!!!!!!!!  Cases and cases and cases of 'em.  (I bought 1K CCI BR-2....never tried 'em before.)

The other regular reloading guy had plenty of powder....I actually found a pound of Reloader 15 and picked up another pound of Varget as a backup.

Didn't seem to be nearly as crowded as the last few shows, and the attendees seemed unusually polite.  Heard lots of 'prep for what's coming' talk.

I got what I needed and for a change, I don't really feel like I got screwed too hard on the price.   (at least, not compared to GunBroker or CTD)
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#27]

I don't know if the hype is still on or if it's died down. I'm going to go to the show sometime today... maybe tomorrow.  I really don't need anything and I'll let those who do go first.  I'm going to put mowing the lawn and putting down pinestraw ahead of the show.

Don't bother to shower before you go.  We need reports of "that guy" at the show.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Anybody that went see the prices of yugo M70's?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Don't bother to shower before you go.  We need reports of "that guy" at the show.  

Hadn't planned on it... I figure I need to stand out from "baby stroller guy".  It's a might humid out there today.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Got there about 12:30 no line at the door. Crowded just to the point of the lowest level of annoyance.

Lots of powder for decent prices. Bought a lb. of Alliant Power Pistol for $17. Bullets harder to find. I had to settle for a box of 500 Zero 9mm FMJ for $44 which didn't thrill me but it was either that or go hungry. However, Zero makes great bullets.

GA arms had lots of small pistol primers. CCI $30 Federal $32 no large primers that I could see but I wasn't looking for theml

Lee tools/dies/presses were OK, but not plentiful. Only one set of pistol dies (.38) and some guy grabbed them when I put them down. Oh, well.

Was looking for Don Golden and Silent Bob but I don't think either of you guys have banners or signage telling anyone who you are.

Not a bad show, Not a great show, but not bad.

Later went to Sportsman's Warehouse. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME THEY HAVE ABSOLUTEILY NO HANDGUN AMMO, NO POWDER, BULLETS, PRIMERS, OR RELOADING EQUIPMENT.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#31]
THe thug presence is always up in columbia. I cant count the number of times I see a sketchy guy giving a girl or his girlfriend infront of him rolls of 20$'s to buy a gun she knows nothing about in her name for him. If she only knew the reprcautions when he does something stupid with that gun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought it was an pretty good show in all.

Got to meet Silent Bob, and a couple of you other guys...  It was a pleasure.

Got to meet some other nice folks as well.

As always there were a number of idiots, conspiracy theorists, and thugs asking if I had 100rd mags for their Glock, etc.

Got to see the new COLT 6940.  Looked nice, but the guy was asking like $2K.  A little rich I thought.  But by and large there seemed to be a greater supply and much more realistic prices.

It was my biggest show to date, even though it seemed slower, I think the slightly larger venue (compared to the Jamil Temple) maybe just spread the crowd out more.

It'll be a couple of more months before I am back.  As I mentioned, my wife and I are expecting child #2, and son #1 in a couple of weeks.  So in the interest of self preservation, I am skipping the next show.

But I will be back!  In the mean time if any of you I met need any help or anything, shoot me an email!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Good to meet you BDHershey. Good to see DOG as usual. He had another beautiful lady with him this time! Silent Bob and Allservice Billiards, sorry I didn't get to talk to you guys. You were BUSY!
Good show in general. I didn't sell shit. Bought some goodies from BDHershey tho!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, I thought it was a decent gun show.  I bought a mint all matching Argentine m1909 for a very reasonable price.  I threw it on the table for $299 & it did not last long.  I accessorized the sale with a box of 7.65x53 I found at another vendor's table.

The deal of the century was a CG-63.  This asking price was $499 and the dealer came down about $50.  This one was made in 1902, all matching, glass bedded, and had diopter sights.  I had the cash but pushed for a bigger discount (this didn't happen).  So I figured that in all probablility the only person in the world who would know what it is AND want it would be me.  That was Saturday morning before the show opened.

Late Sunday afternoon it was a little slow so I took my daughter with me to let her see the CG63.  As soon as she saw it and picked it up she said:  "Dad, buy it!"  I explained that I was showing my poker face and figured I could steal it after the show ended.

Around 3PM I saw a guy come around the corner with her.  And that sucked for me - but so be it.  The truth of the matter is the main reason I did not buy her (even though I had the cash) was because my best friend is a gunsmith (Fred @ LowTech) & he is in the process of building me a 6.5x55 rifle (built on a Danzig WWI Mauser action, with waffenampts, & Israeli markings - this action had seen some use).  <––- yeah I know...lame excuse

I should have bought the CG-63 anyway!!    The vendor said he had drug that rifle around for almost a year before it sold.  I guess I need to pay more attention?

We sold a boat load of m91/30's and beacoup ammo.  I traded out a 91/30 to a guy named Mack (he had a table behind us and he was selling knives).  I let my daughter pick out the knife because I am so indecisive.  All I can say is wow - I really dig it!  My very own knife..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top