Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2009 7:14:16 PM EDT
I had a guy call me at work today.  Apparently it was the only way he could reach me because I have no cell phone and don't hand out my phone number very often.  Well he didn't call about getting his car fixed..... he wanted to know about AR15s!  What a way to meet up with a long lost old friend.

So I had him over this evening for burgers and a crash course in AR ownership.  This is the forward assist, charging handle, bolt catch/release, and how to field strip.  I was able to drive home the importance of chrome lining, as well as proper lubrication.  

I showed him arfcom, the ammo oracle, and box o truth.  He is trying to find an AR10, and has some .308 stuff, but I kept reinforcing the theory behind the move to the M16, which is light wieght, more ammunition can be carried, faster follow up shots, and still lethal to humans (proven by millions of terrorists worldwide), as well as the fact that most encounters occur was much less than 100 yards, let alone 500+.  

Hopefully I've convinced him to join the crew here and get himself a new rifle.  He showed me a few for sale in another online forum and I was quickly able to convince him not to go through with those deals for various reasons.  We might hit a gun show or something together and try to find him one.  I think an M4gery would serve him well, provided it came from a decent manufacturer and had a chrome lined barrel!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Good work!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Have him check out CSF regularly, From your previous posts Saturn I assume your in the middle part of the state. It seems like there are ar's often for sale and most of them seem to be from right around your neck of the woods.
Although since I have joined I've noticed more guys from the coast listing for sale in there. I kinda like looking at classifieds that are in NC and if you see something you really want ––a trip to raliegh to meet someone for a FTF is not unreasonable. I have sold and bartered a couple items in CSF which really wouldn't have considered if it were a national site and I were trading blind from some guy in AZ

edit I believe theres a middie armalite and a dpms in there now ––I look in there daily never know whats going be posted for sale.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]

We are BORG
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Show him the secret handshake and have him drink the Kool Aid!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#6]
don't get him stuck on a chrome lined barrel, it's not a necessity.  the non-lined barrels are more accurate, though they wear out quicker.  my chromoly wilson will outshoot a bushmaster chromelined any day of the week.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Not one, but two S&W AR's found a new home today.  Fenderfreek can verify, as I happened to see him at PDHSC when the transaction was taking place.  

Lets see how the disease takes another victim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top