Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:17:31 AM EDT
I live in Florida but also have a place near all our family in SC.
I guess I will have to bight the bullet and get the NR CCW permit here in SC

I was curious why SC doesnt accept the FL license.  We have a four hour course, short test and you have to fire a gun but it is not a test..if you have a finger you can
fire the gun.

Anyone know where you can take the course in the Spartanburg area?
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
in sc its an 8 hour course 100 questan test and you have to get meat a min score on the shooting.  that is why SC does not honor it.  That said i think there is a bill going thru that will alow any one with a CWP to cary in SC no mater what state
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
in sc its an 8 hour course 100 questan test and you have to get meat a min score on the shooting.  that is why SC does not honor it.  That said i think there is a bill going thru that will alow any one with a CWP to cary in SC no mater what state

It appears that the bill is in the Senate but is on a "contested" list.
Does that mean its going no where?

scfirearms.org/Legislative/H3212.html
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Disregard.  I found that it passed and was signed by the Gov.  Apparently just waiting on them to update the lists apparently.

Introduced in the House on January 10, 2007
Introduced in the Senate on March 6, 2007
Last Amended on June 5, 2008
Passed by the General Assembly on June 5, 2008
Governor's Action: June 16, 2008, Signed
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
So does this mean I can carry on my vacation to Charleston in two weeks? What was/is the date it takes affect?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
So does this mean I can carry on my vacation to Charleston in two weeks? What was/is the date it takes affect?

The bill has passed however the SC Law Enf. Div SLED is still sitting on it.
Apparently the way the bill was written it gives them alot of discression.  I have been following the Concealled Fire Arms forum and some that seam to be in the know is that SLED is dragging their feet about updating the list.  How true that is I dont know
but at this point you just have to keep checkig in on their website to see when they finally update the list.

The law was written so that SLED has to approve the criteria of out of state courses and registrations and if they are not up to par with SC's criteria they will not honor the permit.  

Just keep checking in: http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx?MenuID=CWP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top