Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2008 3:56:15 PM EDT
The range made it onto the front page of the Lifestyles section of the newspaper today. Thanks to all of the volunteers who came down and made it happen. We worked very hard to get it reopened and stabilized, and I hope that as long as we keep our end of the deal, which was to follow some simple rules, that the range will never be shut down again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you get to pick up some extra copies?
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I am still out of town and have not seen it. I know some"editoral changes" were made, and I dont know what photos were printed from the ones I submited So I cant wait to see how it was presemted as well.

I will have some copies once I get back

NOI
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried finding it online with no luck...........

I'd like to see it too............just to see what was said.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
it's nicely written,
pretty much like it happened, (from what I know...)
with the whole campout history of
Zombiefragger, Sp00ky, Taverndog, Tavernfox ...
and some pictures from the last ARF.com shoot.
(easter or whenever that was)

unfortunately I don't have acces to a big enough scanner or I would post it here.

Link Posted: 8/25/2008 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't seem to find it online anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't find it online either, but my Kung Fu is weak...

The paper is the "Courier-Tribune" from Sunday August 17, 2008
Front page of the "Lifestyles" section...
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]
you wont find it.the paper did not put it online

NOI
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 5:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang it, I wanna see it.
I have a 46" B&W Scanner here at work, but I don't have a copy of the paper...
I also have an 11x17 Photo Scanner...
If someone wants to mail me a copy..

CXS
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 2:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi guys I am back in th U.S. and tired as heck. Looong trip, It always is.

I got to see the paper finally, I was told it would run about one page with 4 photos, two of those would be black and white.

It runs a page and a half, with four color photos and 3 black and white. Zombiefraggers pretty face is there and a good photo of Taverndogs back. I was running out of time before I had to leave, so I gave the paper a CD with about 25 photos and told them to pick what they wanted.

So taverndog is identified as "unidentified shooter" because I was not around to ask. Sorry.

One of the color photos is of the ARFCOM shoot this year I can make out spongee, and Space, and I think Sp00ky. AR15.com gets a mention. and the NRA gets their due for the financial help.

I have a copy of the Proof sheet, the article setup before printing, that is smaller size. I will see if I can scan it.

Guys, If you use the range, or just like the idea of public land ranges  send a note of appreciation to Ranger walker in Troy, the NRA, and thank the volunteers when you see them.

NOI
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I just moved to Asheboro from NY and am looking for a range, can you guys give me some more info on this?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just moved to Asheboro from NY and am looking for a range, can you guys give me some more info on this?  

Look at the top of the Carolina board there is a shoot this weekend at Uwharrie not for from Asheboro.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]

CXS
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you for the copy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thank you for the copy.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the post.

Public pistol range in Greensboro?  Are they talking about Calibers or something else?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for posting that. One I can read with out my glasses

NOI
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]
can you make that any bigger? I can't see it
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for posting

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
can you make that any bigger? I can't see it

Yea, I'll post those tomorrow when I get time at the office..

CXS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top