Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2007 5:01:37 PM EDT
Hello, all. I'm visiting Asheville next week (from Utah) and will be bringing my weapon/UT permit with me as I usually do when I travel. I was trying to get some specific info about NC concealed carry law so that i can be sure that I'm in compliance while I'm there and have read one thing that causes me pause. Apparently, part of your CC statute disallows CC in restaurants (or other establishments)  where alcohol is served. Is this correct? I don't drink, but I'm assuming that what we'll be doing most on our trip is eating. If i can't carry in these establishments am I better off just leaving my weapon home? While I certainly don't want to do that, I don't want to be in violation of the law.

Any help appreciated!

HD
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If alcohol is sold and consumed on the property then you arent supposed to carry concealed. Even with this restriction in place, I wouldnt advocate you leaving your firearms at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top