Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 8:55:02 AM EDT
After shooting Spooky's Rossi mdl 62 pump .22 LR (gallery gun clone) I figured I'd get a price on a new taurus mdl 62. I've got the 72 (22WMR) and figured I'd get a carbine in 22lr to match.

Called Mace, introduced myself and stated my business.
NOPE, none in stock and none in our distributors stock.
I politely ask, if I find a distributor with one in stock (and who already has your FFL on file) would you transfer it to me? Answer: NOPE we don't do transfers on new guns.
Me: Can you order me one? Answer: NOPE, we don't order new guns.

What the heck?

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I went out of my way to visit their store one time.  It is easy to see from the highway, but not easy to find your way there.

I was really dissapointed.  They have a huge assortment of gun safes, but they were way over priced.  A few good deals on used firearms.  Nothing special.  I will say I spent probably an hour in there and no one asked if they could help me.

not very friendly.  I will never buy from them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
After shooting Spooky's Rossi mdl 62 pump .22 LR (gallery gun clone) I figured I'd get a price on a new taurus mdl 62. I've got the 72 (22WMR) and figured I'd get a carbine in 22lr to match.

Called Mace, introduced myself and stated my business.
NOPE, none in stock and none in our distributors stock.
I politely ask, if I find a distributor with one in stock (and who already has your FFL on file) would you transfer it to me? Answer: NOPE we don't do transfers on new guns.
Me: Can you order me one? Answer: NOPE, we don't order new guns.

What the heck?

wee don needz yourz steekeen beeznees...
LOL, same repsonce I got the first (and Last) time I went in there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
email them a pic of you posing with your new gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
When I lived in the area, I used to go in there to browse, and I'd buy a can of powder when I wanted to try something different.  They stocked a lot of different powders, and the prices on 1# cans were OK.  I always thought they were expensive, but Don (the guy with the glasses) and his wife are very nice.  I never bought any guns, because they were horribly overpriced.  Bill Mace never did anything but glare at me.  I could have a question, and everyone else would be busy, yet he would still make me stand there and wait to talk to someone else.  

Finally, I called and asked whether or not they had any Marlin 39A's.  I recognized Mr. Mace's voice.  He said no, but he could order one.  It would only be about "$550."  (Roughly $120 more than Dick's sporting goods would sold it to me for at the time.)  Since I really wanted one of the older models with a shorter barrel and straight stock, I asked what it would cost to transfer one, if I found an old one.  The answer...  $65.  I told him it's a regular titleI firearm (they aren't NFA dealers), so why is it so high?  He reiterated that it would be $65.  SO I asked him if that was his polite way of saying that he didn't want to do transfers?  And he hung up on me.  I never went in that store again.  

For $65, you don't want them to do the transfer anyway.

I can understand not wanting to transfer "new" guns, if and only if, it's something they can order themselves.  Especially if it's something they stock.  It only makes sense.  But, if they can't get one, what the hell is the problem?  So they make a transfer fee for opening a package, writing down a serial number, and filling out a form.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top