Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 11:15:40 AM EDT
man I could not believe it. My dad and I went to 3 different super Wally Worlds today for ammo and we went by Bullet Hole, Xtreme Tactical, and Gold Coast and the 3 shops where either gone or paintball or down to nothing but the range. I know we all new about Xtreme and BH but it was just sad to see it in person today. I really hate that there is almost nothing left here for shooting and supplies and whatnot. Very sad.
3 Wal-Marts and only the one out in Monroe had any ammo that I wanted. And the prices there have even gone up a good bit. It even differed from store to store.
I was very dissapointed in the show this weekend. By the time I got there at the opening on Sunday Georgia Arms was all out of the 55 gr. JHP .223. I mean if you cant go to the fun show to pick up ammo I guess you about have to order online. It seems alot of people do that, I will have to see about it and see what kind of shipping charges there are.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
height=8

I was very dissapointed in the show this weekend. By the time I got there at the opening on Sunday Georgia Arms was all out of the 55 gr. JHP .223.  

They had some Saturday morning when I was there. it was going for $120/per500
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I was very dissapointed in the show this weekend. By the time I got there at the opening on Sunday Georgia Arms was all out of the 55 gr. JHP .223.  

They had some Saturday morning when I was there. it was going for $120/per500

Yeah that is what I usually get from them but it was all gone by the opening on Sunday
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Buying ammo online is actually pretty cheap. The ammo I buy online (mostly 7.62x39) is actually alot cheaper then anything I have seen in stores or in shows locally (raleigh.) Shipping normally isnt that bad, especially if you buy in bulk as many companies will offer discounts and free shipping if you spend say over 100 or something. I buy from the sportsman's guide because they have a buyers club that offers 10 dollar off cupons which basically negate the costs of shipping.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a sick feeling that 223 will start to become hard to find.  I usually buy from Bass Pro.  They have been out of 55grn FMJ for a couple weeks.

On the lighter side, they had approximately 1 billion cases of 40 S&W.

Also, nasty little rumor has it that we're about to see a rather significant increase in prices.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah I think that prices are already going way to high and this is early
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude- - - I think we've only "tasted" price increases.

I picked up some 9mm from BP last week while their sale was going.  I had a question on the price (wrong price).  I talked to the Manager on duty.  He told me that after this current sale goes off, UMC 9mm will go from 8.99 per 50rnds to 11.99 per 50rnds.  That's the single biggest increase I have ever seen IF he was correct.

I recommend BP as a good source for ammo to most if not all my students.  That may be changing.........  QUICKLY.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#7]
was that gold coast tacticol place any good? i saw the sign, it didnt look like it was there long. the reason i ask, is that its right by my house, and im always looking for places like that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
was that gold coast tacticol place any good? i saw the sign, it didnt look like it was there long. the reason i ask, is that its right by my house, and im always looking for places like that.

It had potential. It is right by my parents house so I found it that way. The guy, Dave was selling pools and spas and started to faze those out and stock it up with guns and accessories. Never really had lots of stuff but a decent start and I thought It would really take off. I gotta go down Delta or Harris or whatever that road is called now, to get to my parents on the weekends and found it when he first started. We bought a few things from him and he was great to work with. He would find whatever we wanted. I don't know what happend with the shop though. Assault tech down the road closed and Bullet Hole is just the indoor range now so ther eis nothing there to go to now.
Man I wish the old Pineville range was still there. ANyone know what happened with that? Me and my dad used to shoot there when it was open about 15 yrs ago.

Slash where do you shoot? I have been looking for a good place to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top