Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 7:39:01 AM EDT
http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2007&BillID=H310

Right now it's illegal to be off your property with ANY KIND of firearm during an emergency or riot

This bill looks like it would change that

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It appears to exempt any "firearm" considered to be a dangerous weapon, allowing any "firearm" to be taken off-property in a state of emergency.  Am I misreading this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Of all the stupid rules for CCW in NC I hate this one the most.

ETA- the law in it's current form.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I read it through five times now... What's the problem?  It changes the law so that they can't confiscate our arms it states of emergency and specifically says we can carry arms and ammunition during those times.  Are you reading it wrong?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time I read NC CCW law, it prohibited carrying in a place of emergency.  I couldn't imagine a more foolish law.  This is definately an improvement.  Hopefully it goes through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top