Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2007 10:44:14 AM EDT
Feb 17-18 C&E at Merchandise Mart or Feb 24-25 Dixie at Metrolina, which is the best to go to.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to both.

If I had to choose and if the previous couple were any indication then I'd have to say Dixie.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I am passing up the CE show, and going to the Dixie show at the Metrolina.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
really does seem like the Dixie show is better now.
Lets hear from Del-Ton, are they gonna be at both or just one?
I think im going to both but I prefer the Dixie show now. Me and my dad went to the last C&E and it was awful. What are they trying to do? Seems like alot more vendors and metrolina.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Del-ton is scheduled for the Dixie show (as per their website), not the CE show this year it seems.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hi Guys!
We're going to the Dixie one.  We've done the C&E one, and to be blunt, it wasn't worth going, so we've stopped doing that one in Charlotte...for now anyways!  We've heard it's just gone downhill.  So, we'll be there at the Dixie one at the Metrolina!
Hopefully we'll have some rifles and lowers back in stock by then!!!
Hope to see some of you then!
Kassandra

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Dixie show for me...........last C&E show was a total waste of my time and money to get in the door.

I went by Village Pawn and Gun a couple of weeks ago and talked for awhile and asked them why they weren't at the last C&E show. To keep it COC compliant........they are done with C&E shows until they get some things worked out. And this is from a dealer that sells a couple hundred firearms any show weekend.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]

I do owe WUFMAN still a big thanks for sparing me admission to the last CE show--and looking forward to meeting up with some of y'all at Metrolina weekend after this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the chance of finding a FAL receiver in Charlotte.  

Anyone ever noticed the price on those?

thanks,
nct
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, I was planning to go to the C&E show Sunday, but after reading this thread, I think I will wait for Dixie next week end. Its too far from Columbia to run up to both shows back to back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm making the drive down from MD to the Dixie show next weekend.  Hope it's worth the gas.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Dixie show next weekend for me as well...

Plus I get to see Kassandra and give her some more of my money
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Just got in from C+E. Bigger than I had expected. Picked up 500 rounds of Win/223 for 120.00 and saw a lot of Wolf available. A decent selection of ammo cans for $5. One guy had 7.62 for $89 per 500, one guy had it for 160.00 per 1000. Lot more AR stuff than I had expected also. Decent selections of AKs, Yugos and Saiga (the Classic Arms guy was there). Lots of Handguns and Mags. By 10am it was wall to wall people.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Ill be there in the morning Ill have on my flectarn parka
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I stopped by today and was also surprised. Much better than the last one. Ammo prices are going nuts.

Who had the Win/223 ?
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, I was there too. I didn't buy much, it was my first show, I actually have some questions, if anyone reads this before tomorrow, or maybe could be helpful for next week. I'm kinda new back on the scene, so any advice is helpful...

Things I'm currently interested in:

Ammo can: I saw the ammo can guy, wasn't sure if I wanted any or not, but recently thought about it after reading someone elses post. I won't be buying an AR anytime too soon, first I'm looking at getting some handguns and a shotgun, so wondering if one of those ammo cans would be good for storing practice and/or SHTF defense rounds, and if so, which type of can is best for either 9MM rounds or Shotgun? Or am I better suited w/ another type of container?

Ammo: Since I'll get my first HG, before my Shotgun (probably), I was looking at 9MM ammo, either for practice or SD. I saw some practice ammo white box type stuff for like $11 for 50 rds? I know I can get 100rds at WalMart for like $15, were there better deals on 9mm ammo than that at the show? Also, I didnt see much in the way of SD hollow points, except in the back on the side there was one big ammo display, but it looked like reloads?

Handgun: Since I live technically in SC, I'm assuming most of these dealers are NC, so I'd have to pay transfer + shipping? So I'd have to get a killer deal on one to make that worthwhile, but even if it was a dealer that could sell to either state, most of the prices I saw were either avg retail, or slightly more, don't know how low they'd go if offered cash. Any idea on the price flexibility, or whether any of these dealers would have the advantage of selling to SC citizen to pick up in their SC store? I was looking at Glock 19s w/ NS for example.

Shotgun: I had my eye on a Rem 870 tactical, but know it goes for around $389 here, show had it for like $450, don't know how low they'd go

I was also looking for a holster for a G19, but didn't see anything special, did I miss something?

I did see some range bags, but I still wasn't sure what I wanted in an ideal range bag, so couldn't act on that impulse...

Just curious...
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I went to the C&E show yesterday, and IMO a straight up Fudd show. I'll try to make it to dixie.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I went today and it wasn't too bad. Lots of AR's and a few .308's. It was a whole lot better than the last show they did. Even Georgia Arms reload ammo is going way higher now. The ammo prices are going to be just crazy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#19]
BTT

Metrolina show this weekend ! ! ! ! !

I'm gonna try to be there when they open on Saturday.

See ya there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I should be there as they open as well!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Will be there with a buddy of mine. I hope it doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I plan on going to the Metrolina this weekend.

Can someone tell me the policy on carrying your gun(s) and if your CHL is valid inside or not.

It's not a big deal, I just want to be sure I'm not violating any rules. I'm looking to get extra mags for two guns and would prefer to carry them than to carry a range bag.

Thanks in advance,
Walsh
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I plan on going to the Metrolina this weekend.

Can someone tell me the policy on carrying your gun(s) and if your CHL is valid inside or not.

It's not a big deal, I just want to be sure I'm not violating any rules. I'm looking to get extra mags for two guns and would prefer to carry them than to carry a range bag.

Thanks in advance,
Walsh

There is usually a sign stating that you may not carry in there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm going to both.

If I had to choose and if the previous couple were any indication then I'd have to say Dixie.

Hey man, what time and day will you be at the show this weekend? I have a bunch of those bags to get rid of if you need anymore. The ones I have now are better than the others. More like regular desicant bags. Lemme know. I will be going out there on Sunday morn.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll probably be going Sunday morning as well.
Some of the new bags would be great. Want to met up at the show?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#26]
forgive me if i'm interupting a private conv., but what kind of bags are we talking about?

thanks,

karz
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Sure thing Glee, and anyone else that wants some dessicant bags, I will be there just after the start of the show on Sunday and you cant miss me. I'm a big 300lbs. bald guy and i will have a blue backpack with the bags in it and for anything i pick up at the show. just say hey and ask. I have a good many now and dont really need them so it will be nice to give them to you guys to use. I probably have about 60 or so now so I will bring them on Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Squamata, we have not met, but I plan to be there Sunday Morning. I'm about 50 years old, 5'10" tall, slightly overweight, (Wait?!?!?! That describes half the people in there ) I may be carrying some cans of 30-06 and 762X51 ammo.

If you have some spares of the dessicant I could use a couple of packs. Thanks

I hope it turns out to be a really good show with lots of AR and other parts vendors.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Squamata, we have not met, but I plan to be there Sunday Morning. I'm about 50 years old, 5'10" tall, slightly overweight, (Wait?!?!?! That describes half the people in there ) I may be carrying some cans of 30-06 and 762X51 ammo.

If you have some spares of the dessicant I could use a couple of packs. Thanks

I hope it turns out to be a really good show with lots of AR and other parts vendors.

Should be no problem Sanlanman. I'm more than happy if you guys can use them. We get them here at work and they would just get thrown away if I didn't take them home. I will keep an eye out for you and you for me. Take care.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
forgive me if i'm interupting a private conv., but what kind of bags are we talking about?

thanks,

karz

Hey, Karz10, these bags come into the shop I work at in large aluminum coils from overseas,most of the time, to keep the metal dry. we only need the metal so the bags usually get thrown away. They are not all the same but they are all dessicant bags. Some are fairly large like 2" x 4" and some are smaller. anyone here interested is more than welcome to whatever I have. They work great in my safe.  

Very sorry to the OP if I hijacked this thread with the dessicant bags stuff.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, those that went today, was the show any good?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I went early and although I was in a hurry, it looked like all the cool venders were there. Lots of AR and tactical type stuff. I bought 16 lbs. of powder and 8000 primers. Didn't need anything else. I did meet 2 fellow AR.com members. Just got back from Leeds today, it was PACKED!
Lotta fun was had by all. Lots of kids shooting with their dads also.Cool.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If you like lots of people and ammo that is completely outrageous...yeah it was good.
I was looking to buy some 7.62x54r. It was $26 a tin at Gboro. The same stuff today was $45-$70 depending on which table you were at. I'll be calling AIM Monday.
People were lined up around EDS(?) table standing in line to buy pistols/rifles.
Good to meet you Base-Rigger. You looked to be on a mission.
I hung out with wufman and Mike556 and son for a while and ran into a few other ARFCOMers/FALFILers.
Later.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

My beef jerky guy wasn't there...............I'm serious.

Show was OK, nothing to brag about.

If you go................take lots of money because everything is HIGH !

I looked at alot.......but only come home with 2000 primers to save on hazmat shipping.

Oh..........and the beef jerky guy that is usually there in the back of the building was not there today. So if you go looking for beef jerky you will have to buy some name like jerky hut......cause Blackbeards jerky is not there  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, I have to say that I was super-disappointed in this show.  I came all the way from MD to check it out....and I left angry.  If I wanted to buy a glock, then this the show to end all shows.  But if you wanted ANYTHING else...It SUCKED.

I was looking for an XD-45 and S&W MP9.....there were only llike 4 handgun dealers in the whole place, and they all had glocks coming out of their noses.  WTF???  I was at the Hickory show back in January, and it BLOWS THIS SHOW AWAY.

I finally did manage to find the guns I was looking for (at Ed's Pawn world)....but since he was the only real gun dealer there, the line was 20 people long to buy (I'm not kidding).  I had to wait 45 minutes just to buy.  They had 4 people processing orders as fast as they could.

Very disappointed.  :(
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My beef jerky guy wasn't there...............I'm serious.

So if you go looking for beef jerky you will have to buy some name like jerky hut......cause Blackbeards jerky is not there  

I usually buy jerky from Dark Run.

Wow, what is happening to the fun shows?
Last year they were pretty good and def. plentiful, now they seem to suck
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#39]
it was a dam good show   ammo was high  and so was some gun prices

i got the last 3 ar-15 rifle stripped lowers that Del-Ton had
and pisked up some complete parts kits   they where slamed until abought 3 pm

thanks
Tony and Cassandra always great dealing with you
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If I wanted to buy a glock, then this the show to end all shows.

I need a G19, might go in the morning...
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you like lots of people and ammo that is completely outrageous...yeah it was good.
I was looking to buy some 7.62x54r. It was $26 a tin at Gboro. The same stuff today was $45-$70 depending on which table you were at. I'll be calling AIM Monday.
People were lined up around EDS(?) table standing in line to buy pistols/rifles.
I hung out with wufman and Mike556 and son for a while and ran into a few other ARFCOMers/FALFILers.
Later.
GLOCK-23

What time were yall there I got there around 12:30 and did not see you guys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#42]
When did everyone get so proud of there Guns and Ammo ? Everything was priced to SHOW not Sell Oh well still got a couple flairs and smoke. Good to put some more faces to names C-Ya at Uhwharrie
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I was dissappointed with the show.  Ammo prices were very high and there was not much of a selection compared to some previous shows. The 1 guy selling alot of ammo ran out of 7.62x39 that was $160 a case!  SIG P-6's were $405 and $465. I might have to drive up to hickory for the next show up there because the shows around here have gotten so bad.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I picked up some AR-15 stuff from Del-ton.  I think Mike556 was standing next to me speaking with the owner.  Place was packed, and I think there was some panic buying due to H.R. 1022.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Show was a little disappointing, drove 4 hrs mainly to get some lead bullets, guy was not at this show. Picked up some powder and 223 bullets to reload. P.S. stop by Gander MTN in Greenboro and picked up a used ( looks like 99% cond.) Sig 226 Navy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I went today. Kind of a newb back on the gun scene, not yet into AR's, (keyword yet). My current focus is HD/SD pistols and short barrel shotty, I gotta start somewhere.

I think the 'asking' prices for pistols were in general more reasonable at this show compared to last weekends, and also saw more reasonable asking prices for some short barrel shotties, especially on a couple tactical mossbergs, compared to last week, or some local dealers.

My problem is my DL has SC on it, instead of NC, as of last year, so, any HG purchase would have tax+shipping+FFL from most of these dealers.

I saw glock 17s, 19s for $479, 19s w/ NS for I think $530, which is I think what they should cost, but don't know if they'd drop at all for a cash offer to get competitive w/ online pricing ($459 for 17s/19s, $515 w/ NS, etc.) I did see a Glock 19 HomeLand Defender asking price $650 (comes w/ 4 hi cap mags, trijicon NS, Glock Tac Light, Extended Slide Release, Extended Mag Release), dealers around here asking $689-$699 for that package (I ordered one online and am picking it up tomorrow for $603) I also ordered online $25 33rd Glock made mags, whereas most at the show are $30-$40, don't know if you offered cash if they'd go lower, I didn't need anymore, yet. I'm starting out w/ the 4 hi-cap 15 rd, and 2 33rd, I think that's a good START :)

I bought some (maybe like 3 boxes) Golden Saber 124 gr +P for about $15 per box of 25 cash otd, not a steal, but better than I saw at a local store, and I needed some SD rounds to try in the new G19 I'm waiting on when I get it. I also bought the cheap Glock OWB holster that will fit both the 19 and the 26 (next purchase prob.), just so I have a holster when I take my CCW class, and can also use it on the 26 later. I got that and the grip plug from the guy in bldg 2.

I didn't see any of the other holsters I wanted, I already researched and picked a few out, but didn't see what I wanted. I picked up a cool pair of shades for $10. I saw that flashlight guy in front, some of those $40 LEDs were BRIGHT!!! I was kind of tempted, but wasn't familiar w/ the mfg yet (Coast), and had some packaged Columbia lights for $25, don't know how bright those were.

The more affordable tactical Mossberg $285-$300 w/ 1 pistol grip and spec ops stock, was tempting, but it only holds 5 in the tube, the longer barrel version w/ the breach barrel, had the extendde tube, but it was the homeland defender version and $440, still better than the other show pricing. I liked a Remington 870 I saw somewhere else w/ a folding stock and 7rd tube for $389, so the Mossberg for about $100 less sounds pretty good, and I like the Mossberg visual line of site on the safety better than the more hidden safety on the Rem, but I kind of wanted the 7 in the tube...so I couldn't decide. I also looked at some range bags, but couldn't make up my mind on that either hinking.gif

Thought about going again tomorrow after I pick up my 19, but then again, I might want to clean it up and go to the range instead. he
I just wished there was a wider variety of accessories, esp for the glock, like cooler holsters and stuff, but I still had fun. I kind of also expected at a venue like this, someone would sell a lot of those little handgun safes, and stuff like that, but didn't see anything like that.

Karz
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks guys. I was there today and only hooked up with Glee with some dessicant bags. anyone else that needs some let me know and I will get them to you. I still have a box full of them. About 50 bags.
The show was something else, I tell ya. I tried to get .223 ammo from Georgia Arms and they were sold out of the fmj. the other stuff was $185.00 per 500. WOW.
No one else that I saw had any at a halfway decent price. Seemed like people were buying things up left and right.

Nice to see ya again Glee. Thanks for meeting up and chatting man.

Edited to say IM me for the bags or I can give a number to be reached at. Thanks all
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I was there today. Missed Squamata. Well, I would have to say that I was sorely dissapointed. I was looking for M1 and O3 Springfield parts as well as a few AR parts and items. I found some of the AR parts I was looking for. Delton and several other AR rifle vendors were there, but not Black Rifle Works.
They was a plentiful number of gun case, gun rug, and canvas/nylon bag and case vendors. There was waay waay to much space taken up by jewelry and non gun leather vendors. Throw in a hot sauce vendor and some other non gun, non knife related vendors and the focus of the show was really diluted. No bargains to be found, especially on ammo as noted above.
Some of the parts vendors who used to be sources of things I needed are either no longer there or limited themselves to popular sporting or antique rifle parts. There seems to me to be waay too much low to mid quality chinese optical items, flashlights and scope mounts.
It just ain't like the old C&E Metrolina shows of even 4 or 5 years ago. I don't think I will be back in April.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I have to agree Sanlanman, I think I'm going to skip the April show too. I just want to buy some ammo and maybe another c-mag but I could not even get the ammo I wanted today. Very dissapointed.
Sorry we missed each other on the dessicant bags man shoot me an IM and I will send you some or meet up with you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Later.
GLOCK-23

What time were yall there I got there around 12:30 and did not see you guys.

Taverndog..............I left at 12. If I knew you were gonna be there at 12:30 I would have hung around.......course if I stayed any longer I would probably bought that 357 or 44 with 2 inch barrel !

After I got home....I got on gunbroker and compared prices against Village pawn and gun.........the guys at Village Pawn out of wadesboro are cheaper that online. So I may get one of those 2 inch magnums later down the road.

And the jerky guy was Dark Run.........found the paper from the last show where I can order online.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top