Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2006 4:06:57 PM EDT
First visit to Boggy Head tomorrow. Are stands provided to place targets, or do I need to take something to put my targets on. How many lanes? Range Master?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
was there once when two hey bo's showed up in shorts, no shoes, no shirts, no hearing or eye protection. they were shooting their rusted up hunting rifles. I kid you not, they had duct tape holding the scopes on. I knew the afternoon would be quite interesting when they brought out the case of beer and proceeded to cry in their beers about the wives at home in the trailers and how they were gonna have to find a way to pay the "lectric" bill.....they ogled my FAL's and said "Dang Bo, are you in the Army?"

I said no, and began packing to leave. as the last of my gear was stowed I heard one of them yell as he stepped on a piece of broken glass. I just shook my head and drove off.

Gary
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 3:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys. Think I'll try Boggy Head another time. Friend of mine will be doing some work at his hunting club and told me I could use the range there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
usaualy it is not bad there some times you get the dumb a**s ther but not that often once hunting seson is over
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been out there twice this month and it seems pretty trashed from how I remember it from one year ago. It seems to be more crowded at this time of year. I usually go shooting in the middle of summer when it's 100 degrees outside, then I have the range to myself all day .

The only encounter I've had with bubbas out there were a couple of rednecks shooting their shotgun well forward of the line and about 4 feet in front of them. Everybody else has been pretty good. Except for the guy who brought his son to shoot some .22 short with no hearing protection.

I should be heading out there tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top