Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2006 8:53:06 PM EDT
Defensive Concepts North Carolina will conduct the course necessary to obtain a North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun permit on Saturday, 30 December 2006.  This is a (1) day course.  

To register for the class or to have questions answered, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

The course will be taught by (2) Certified North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun Instructors.

Class location:  Oakboro, NC
Class date:  30 December 2006
Start time:   0830
Tuition:   $60 per student, which includes course books and targets - - - no range fees.

We have students coming from as far away as Charlotte - - - we'd enjoy seeing you there!

Link Posted: 12/14/2006 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the class taught at the range there?

thanks,
nct
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The class will be taught at a private range, no range fees.  Tuition covers everything.  No hidden costs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
It should be pointed out that the class covers the material mandated by the state, but also covers other aspects of self-protection to include what happens after you shoot someone (should that ever occur). The classes are taught by two state-certified CCH instructors and an active duty law enforcement officer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine went yesterday and said it was an outstanding class.  Sounds like you guys covered a lot of really good stuff.  If you do another one in the area and have openings, please post sign-up details here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A friend of mine went yesterday and said it was an outstanding class.  Sounds like you guys covered a lot of really good stuff.  If you do another one in the area and have openings, please post sign-up details here.

Please let your friend know that we appreciated having him there as a student. We do our best to provide the safest and most comprehensive class that we can. The amount of material we cover exceeds what the state mandates and the instructors do their best to answer all questions asked by the students. Our high instructor-student ratio also helps to run an extremely safe range when it comes to the qualification portion of the class.

If you are interested in any of the classes we offer, feel free to email or IM us.  We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thank you very much for the report.  As for future classes, we will post every one we can.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please let your friend know that we appreciated having him there as a student. We do our best to provide the safest and most comprehensive class that we can. The amount of material we cover exceeds what the state mandates and the instructors do their best to answer all questions asked by the students. Our high instructor-student ratio also helps to run an extremely safe range when it comes to the qualification portion of the class.

If you are interested in any of the classes we offer, feel free to email or IM us.  We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

What he said.     Do not hesitate to contact us.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 20 year old son. Can he take the class now and apply for the CHP when he turns 21 or will he have to wait until he is 21 to take the class? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a "catch 22" kinda situation.

Yes, any person not burdened by convictions/court rulings based on prior illegal activities can take the class regardless of age, but they cannot apply for the permit until age 21.  

The flip side to that is that the expiration "date" of the course certificate showing completion of the course is at the good humor of the Sheriff of the county where the person resides.  Some Departments say 6 months, some say a year, some honor them so long as the course/laws have not changed since the class was attended/certificate awarded.

We encourage that our students apply ASAP after the course.  We make every effort at the class to assist anyone who might have application questions at the end of the block of instruction so as to hurry the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top