Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2006 7:04:06 PM EDT
Is there a good place to buy real MREs in the RTP area? I was looking to buy some for emergencies, and hope to avoid having to pay to have them shipped--shipping charges for the ones I have seen on eBay are $20-$30 a case.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The surplus and gun stores or at a show would be my guess. I haven't lived in the area  very long but long enough to know that when I want something it's better for me just to order it from wherever it's the cheapest instead of wasting my time and gas searching it out locally.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ebay.  I don't know of any place locally that has any that are worth buying.  I think I was getting them around $60 per case including shipping.  Sometimes a bit less.  Thats $5 a meal, which is pretty reasonable considering what fast food costs.  The thing that sucks about it is that I go through all the cases and pick out the things I want, and make new cases.  So out of 8 cases, I actually only have 6 left.  The rest I gave away, or sampled.  Some of the menu items I wouldn't eat if I was starving, and some I am allergic to.
I am good to go till about 2008, at which point I will try to rotate them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The dixie gunshow is in raleigh nov 18th. They'll probably have some mre's, I dunno about pricing but your also sure to find some mighty tasty beef jerkey

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Check John's surplus at the Fairgrounds flea market when it opens back up. He usually has fresh one's for $40-45 a case.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Captain Dave's is in Durham near 85 and 15-501. They have new Sopakco MRE's for $69.95, discounted if you buy four or more.

Sopakco makes military MREs and the ones available to civilians are pretty much the same. Minor differences. Check here for a comprehensive review.

Captain Dave's is definitely worth checking out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check John's surplus at the Fairgrounds flea market when it opens back up. He usually has fresh one's for $40-45 a case.

Doh--placed a bid on some on eBay after I didn't see any suggestions for local sources. I guess you can't be too prepared
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure on the price or availability , but try Bob's Army Surplus on S Saunders street in Raleigh.

I know they used to carry them and likely still do.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see any in there about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Going to the gunshow in Raleigh? They'll have some there I'm sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top