Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2006 1:23:06 PM EDT

NC folks,

Appreciate the help on this -- I've been offered a job at a telecom firm in RTP.  I'm flying down the week after next to do a "site visit" and such.  In addition, the company has me set up to meet with a realtor for a few hours.  I have a few questions though beforehand, and it mostly has to do with what you folks think of the area.  

Is the RTP-area housing market bubbling or is it cooling a bit?
What nearby towns should I be looking in for a house?
How are the schools in these towns?
What is the overall white collar/high-tech job market in RTP like?
Would you live near RTP?  Why or why not?

Thanks for any advice/comments on this.
ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
where in NC are you going to be?
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Housing market is still strong...  but coming from NJ your gonna think eveything is a super bargain.  Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Morrisville are all nice areas an easy commute to RTP, stay completely away from Durham.  Your going to love the gun laws compared to Jersey...  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
where in NC are you going to be?

info on RTP here --> www.rtp.org/

see the RTP area maps at
www.rtp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&filename=maps.html

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Housing market is still strong...  but coming from NJ your gonna think eveything is a super bargain.  Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Morrisville are all nice areas an easy commute to RTP, stay completely away from Durham.  Your going to love the gun laws compared to Jersey...  

good info, thanks.  as for the gun laws, hell if i moved to the UK they would be better than NJ.  

are ar15 suppressors legal in NC, with a tax stamp of course?

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Send me a message so I know when you are going to be in the RTP area and we can meet up for a drink or something. I just moved here (working just north of Raleigh, living in Durham county) very recently and could definately talk about the real estate market and set you up with the best realtor I have ever had! I am always willing to help out a fellow arfcommer!

by the way, I love it down here, and don't have an unkind word to say about the area.
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
are ar15 suppressors legal in NC, with a tax stamp of course?

They are, but you need approval of the sheriff of the county to purchase one, though not sure if you need approval if you already own one when you move to the county. I believe this approval is tough to get in most of the counties you are likely considering (Wake, Durham, and Orange).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top