Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 4:09:11 AM EDT
I'm from florida and according to packing.org NC has receprocity with FL on CCW. question though can I carry in the Cherokee National Forrest? they just had a bear attack that killed a 6 yld on the tennesse side of the forrest.  people tried to fend it off with sticks and rocks. I ain't fending off a bear with a stick. I was thinking more like 200 grn bullets.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I remember NO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A friend had his pistol confiscated  there. He got it back eventually. That is FEDERAL land and goes by Federal laws. No firearms from what I can remember. I really wish Im wrong for you. Good luck WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
From packing.org FAQ this morning:

Carry concealed weapons on Federal Property
Q: Carry In National Forest
A: If you can legally carry in the state the National Forest is in you can carry in the National Forest. You can not carry into any buildings on the National Forest as they are owned by the Federal Government.

However I would expect signage to prohibit firearms...the state parks have it for the most part.  I have heard open carry in Uwharrie was legal outside of hunting season so long as it was .22...but I may have dreamed that

Upon further investigation:

Are firearms allowed?
Use, possession or transportation of firearms, bow & arrows and other arms or ammunition are prohibited, except during designated hunting seasons.  While possessing a firearm for the purpose of hunting you must have a valid state hunting license in your possession for the species you intend to hunt.  The firearm possessed must be of the type legal for hunting the species that are in season.  Firearms must be unloaded during transport.  While camping firearms must remain in camp except during legal hunting hours.

SOL, bro
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Uh the Cherokee National Forest is in Kentucky.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
you're right.

its the smokey mountian national forest. my bad.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
And I did all that research...can't find squat on the Smokey Mountain Park though
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually I realized the Cherokee is in Tennessee

Your talking about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park?

NO GUNS

Sorry

But guns are no no on National Park Service lands

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top