Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 6:09:27 AM EDT
Kicking off soon.  Locals, IM me if you want to go.  I'll check back in a few.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm on the way
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
BOOM!!!

Just not enough time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
just to let you guys know, Karl here can't hit crap

had a blast though, thanks man, I needed that

Edit-Language-u352
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep that stuff up, boy, and I'll start calling you Doyle Hargrave.

I figured something out.  The AR's were dry as a bone.    I just wonder why the A2 ran so good () then started acting up in slow fire mode.

I think I'll get on the bike and go see if I can find the lunar module.  That was, without a doubt, a blast.  We'll do it again when we have more time and a couple more putty knives.

ETA:  Can't hit crap with a rifle, but with the Sig....  

Edit-Language-u352
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
MMM, Tannerite.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
just to let you guys know, Karl here can't hit crap had

Edit-Language-u352

I like the way you talk, mmmhmmm.h.gif
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#7]
D'OH

missed it ...damned work...

big (Boom) Bummer...

Space
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Where in heck around here are you guys shooting tannerite without the local LEO's coming down on you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where in heck around here are you guys shooting tannerite without the local LEO's coming down on you?

Private land surrounded by folks who get it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Well Crap,

I had to work today, I would have loved to have seen you set off a big bottle of Tannerite.

I set of a couple 4 oz. poppers today afterwork, Tannerite is so much fun.

Jason
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, that explains a lot, thank you.

I wish to live in such a place someday.

I actually talked to Daniel Tanner the other day in regards to getting rid of some tannerite that we can't use.
We started going to Uwharie about a year and a half ago and noticed that people were using tannerite.
At first I was shocked, but once I studied up on it, I realized it was completely legal.
Me and a buddy decided to follow suit and he bought a case.
The first time we went out there we got popped by the local LEO.
Only got tickets out of it, but it was still not fun.

So, he's stuck with half a case of tannerite and we can't have fun anymore.
Daniel himself told me that the law has been called on him as well.
Cops sometimes don't understand what the stuff is for obvious reasons.
I don't blame them, they're just doing their job.

Have fun and revel in your freedom!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually talked to Daniel Tanner the other day in regards to getting rid of some tannerite that we can't use.
We started going to Uwharie about a year and a half ago and noticed that people were using tannerite.
At first I was shocked, but once I studied up on it, I realized it was completely legal.

What were the tickets for?  What happend with them?  Thanks...

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
SCRAMBLD, we detonated a large plastic Folgers can full, approx 8 pounds of the homemade stuff.  It was sitting in front of the gas grill tank, which was sitting in front of a manhole cover that was set at about an 80 degree angle, leaning against a log.  The manhole cover went straight back about 20', and it was a few seconds after the blast that we noticed the gas grill tank reentering the atmosphere.  We looked for it about 10 minutes that day, and I went back Tuesday and looked for it for about 30 minutes.  It's still MIA.

The 20 oz Coke bottle full almost ripped a stainless kitchen sink in two.

I wish the land belonged to me, but it doesn't.  It belongs to a good friend who lets me come and go as I please and do pretty much as I please, too.  I leave it alone from around Sept til the end of deer season because the guy who lives up on the main road hunts there and I don't want to spread my scent around and mess up his hunting.  He keeps an eye on the place, and sometimes comes back and hangs out when I go shoot there.  Good people.

gotyer, jmdz4 and I run a not for profit unwanted tannerite disposal company, we'll be glad to properly dispose of your problem for you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What were the tickets for?  What happend with them?  Thanks...

The tickets weere tantemount to a ticking for fishing without a license or something like that.
Nothing on our records, only a $50 ticket for shooting "unauthorized targets (incendiery)" which is horse hockey.
That's how I first contacted Daniel Tanner who informed me that on fact tannerite will extinguish flame, not create it.
Local LEO didn't know what he was doing.
It certainly scared the hell out of us though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Sling,

yea my little 4 oz. poppers are pretty impressive for thier size. They'll remove the Grass in about a 16" circle and make about a 2-3 " deep hole in soft dirt.

The most I've ever set off in one shot was 1 1/2 lbs. and  shredded a Jeep hood and destroyed my 100 yd target stand.

Like I said Tannerite is fun.

Jason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top