Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:02:02 PM EDT
ok, just reading through the lease agreement of where i'll be moving next semester, and they don't allow any firearms

does anyone know of anywhere in or around Greenville I might be able to keep a couple handguns?  maybe just the frames?

this saddens me greatly
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you already locked into this lease? If not you can probably find a house to rent in nearby Ayden or Grifton cheap. Let me know, I'm in Grifton and I can pick up a paper and scan through it for you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you already locked into this lease? If not you can probably find a house to rent in nearby Ayden or Grifton cheap. Let me know, I'm in Grifton and I can pick up a paper and scan through it for you.

i already promised my friend that i'd move in w/ him, and if i back out, he rooms w/ someone he doesn't like.  so i'm pretty locked in.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You mentioned only handguns. If you don't have any rifles could you just keep them locked away in a breifcase or something. What the people don't don't can't hurt them and they can't just dig through your stuff. As long as you don't bring them out in sight of anybody and keep them in the breifcase when you leave the house with them, how would they ever know,
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I havent checked on my apartment either, but im keeping my rifle there. Just gonna keep it hidden and if they do find it, im guessing its just gonna be a fine like having a pet would be....not sure though. Where are you living at? Im gonna be in North Campus Crossing, but got a buddy who is a cop I can store stuff at his place if i need to.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I havent checked on my apartment either, but im keeping my rifle there. Just gonna keep it hidden and if they do find it, im guessing its just gonna be a fine like having a pet would be....not sure though. Where are you living at? Im gonna be in North Campus Crossing, but got a buddy who is a cop I can store stuff at his place if i need to.

that's where i'm movin! haha.  yea, they don't even allow airguns there.  but i think i'm gonna go w/ the "what they don't know doesn't hurt them" policy, and just leave my ARs at my parents place.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol damn...Im planning on keeping my AR in the room, just dont tell um on me Do you know what building your in? If your facing the clubhouse im in the 2nd to last building in the back right corner.

Whats your year and major (if you go to ECU)? Im a Soph Poly Sci. major with a Business and Professional Military Education minors.

I wonder what the fine or penalty is if we were to get caught....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lol damn...Im planning on keeping my AR in the room, just dont tell um on me Do you know what building your in? If your facing the clubhouse im in the 2nd to last building in the back right corner.

Whats your year and major (if you go to ECU)? Im a Soph Poly Sci. major with a Business and Professional Military Education minors.

I wonder what the fine or penalty is if we were to get caught....

i'll be a junior Bio major and sociology minor.  i've decided i'm just gonna keep my handguns there, i don't feel like keeping my rifle safe there just in case (maybe if i get more comfortable).  i don't know what building i'm in yet, i'm goin down there tomorrow to sign the lease and put down my deposit.  north campus crossing ar15.com crew checking in.  don't worry about the fines, this is all talk, we're not actually gonna do it
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol exactly, im prob not gonna have time to shoot mine before I ship out to Basic so you'll have to go shooting with me/ help me mod it
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lol exactly, im prob not gonna have time to shoot mine before I ship out to Basic so you'll have to go shooting with me/ help me mod it

like i said, i've heard there's a public range about 15 minutes away from us.  i'll be damned if i'm not there at least 3 times a week.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Ar15 car pool! lol im sure theres some other members around here too. My buddy thats an officer with winterville pd will prob be able to get us a back up range too
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ar15 car pool! lol im sure theres some other members around here too. My buddy thats an officer with winterville pd will prob be able to get us a back up range too

you're inspiring me!  perhaps i will bring my ARs!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Put up in a locked non-obvious case and no one will ever know (cept me)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys can store your guns at my house. I'm in the Winterville area.............Last I heard, the Wville PD was using the public range off Hwy 43 for their practice range. At least that's what the range owner told us.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet another member to go shooting with us and to teach me a thing or two , It wouldnt surprise me about winterville since its so small.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#15]
O crap,
I just read my lease on my apartment CAREFULLY,
here is the clause

"14. General Restrictions and Obligatiosn of Resident,
5) Discharge, possess, display or in anyway use in, on, or around the Premises of common property any firearm of weapon of any type including but not limited to air rifles and pistols, knives, swords, etc;
"

The funny thing is, I have had shipments of LOTS OF AMMO, airguns, and tactical equipments to my apartment and the managment people know about it.  O man, I better stop putting the M4 out in the open.  When one of my swords arrive, she actually joked with me about fencing.

I don't think it's a problem, but I will have to be very careful from now on and use discreet carrying cases.  Maybe a trash bag over the tactical rifle case.

Anyone know what would happen if they find out and decided to do something?  I only have like 2 months of lease agreement left, but now I am really uncomfortable.  If I take the bolt assembly out of my M4 and hid it, would it still be considered a firearm?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#16]
They prob dont care as long as there isnt a problem. But if there was one they can claim that guns arent even allowed. Id like to also know what happens if you were to get caught, because I will have the same issue (cept I got a UPS box to send the ammo to at $10/month untill October)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#17]
ok guys, i went to greenville this weekend to put down my deposit, and it's just an apartment association rule or something
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You guys can store your guns at my house. I'm in the Winterville area.............Last I heard, the Wville PD was using the public range off Hwy 43 for their practice range. At least that's what the range owner told us.

how far is that from Greenville?  is that the one that's 15 minutes away i've been hearin about?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
ok guys, i went to greenville this weekend to put down my deposit, and they said it's just a rule of the apartment association of NC or something.  they don't care.

Thats awesome man

Heres what I found out about some ranges:

Washington - Hunters Pointe Sporting Clays, 506 Decoy Drive, Washington, NC 27889.
Phone: 252-975-2529
Facilities include: Sporting Clays
Range Access: Public
Email: [email protected]

Rocky Mount - Shooter's Indoor Sports Ranges, 141 N. Business Ct., Rocky Mount, NC 27804.
Phone: 252-977-9878
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (25 yds), Pistol Silhouette, Airgun
Range Access: Public
Web Site: www.shootersindoorsports.com

New Bern - Craven County Law Enforcement Officers Association, Spring Garden Road, New Bern, NC 28560.
Phone: 252 633-5091
Facilities include: Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Trap, Archery
Range Access: Private
Web Site: www.ccleoa.tripod.com/

Greenville - Pitt County Wildlife Club, P.O. Box 101, Greenville, NC 27835.
Phone: 252-321-4378
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (15 to 100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25 to 200 yds), Muzzleloading, Skeet
Range Access: Private

Bailey - Southern Nash High School Shooting Club, 6446 Southern Nash Rd., Bailey, NC 27807.
Facilities include: Outdoor Rifle (50 ft)
Range Access:

A ton in Bayboro outside New Bern

And prob some other ones at these little towns i havent heard of that are close
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

"14. General Restrictions and Obligatiosn of Resident,
5) Discharge, possess, display or in anyway use in, on, or around the Premises of common property any firearm of weapon of any type including but not limited to air rifles and pistols, knives, swords, etc;
"

Hey guys, FWIW, that statement barrs the possession of those items in "common property."  That usually means places like the apartment office, workout room, pool, etc.  Your apartment is NOT common property.  That statement doesn't say anything about your apartment.  It also coverse the premises around common property, so don't stand outside the office with your AR.  

My lease was from the AANC, and the most recent version did not even mention firearms or weapons.  The original lease has a "prohibition on the carrying of firearms."  Which I took to mean something similar to the state law, where concealed carry is "prohibited" but not outlawed.  I refused to sign a lease that kept me from possessing firearms.  I am assuming that your apartment is not owned by a university.  Some apartments locally are owned in part buy the University, and firearms would be a no no.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Im 99% sure it isnt owned by a university, Ill try and get an actually copy of my lease tomorrow for a definate answer.

Thanks wolffie for pointing that out, I missed the common area part
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Im 99% sure it isnt owned by a university, Ill try and get an actually copy of my lease tomorrow for a definate answer.

Thanks wolffie for pointing that out, I missed the common area part

it's not associated w/ the school.  have you checked it out yet?  it's really cool.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Ya man that heated pool, plasma tv in the lounge, etc is gonna be awesome. They had the gym building locked so I didnt get to see in there though :-\, might do that tomorrow since I dont have class
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ya man that heated pool, plasma tv in the lounge, etc is gonna be awesome. They had the gym building locked so I didnt get to see in there though :-\, might do that tomorrow since I dont have class

the gym building is incredible.  i was in awe when i saw it.  livin there will definitely be really cool.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Just got back, the rules dont have anything stated but I talked to two of the ladies in the office. They said our 2nd admendment lets us have guns, but they see them in the common area they are calling the cops....so atleast no fines  Just some "Drop the weapon and get on the ground" if they see them
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#26]
buy a gutar case, and modify it to carry all your guns, if they see a case in your room that says Fender, or Gibson in it, they would never suspect it was actually an AR in there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Greenville was a great place.  I lived in Doctor's Park and the manager would not let the maintainence people in unless I was there because I had some hardware. She watched the place like a hawk.  Get a gunsafe for your own protection.  Just before I left I met a mechanic that had a gun shop in his house.  He would take me into his room and say "pick out a few to shoot"  He had a wall of guns for sale.   I would go to his range while he fixed the car.  He furnished the ammo and he was very reasonable on the car repair.   He could not have made any money off of me.   Hope you find him and I wish i could remember his name.  Desert Eagles were relatively new so on my first visit to him I took 2 different calibers to the range with a j frame Smith.  He wouldn't take money for the ammo.  The pawn shops used to have some pretty good deals compaired to other places.  Good luck.  Another thing, Do not take a firearm on University property unless it is for official purposes or it would be big trouble these days.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#28]
"don't ask, don't tell"
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#29]
thanks for the replies guys.  according to B-rent though, they're fine w/ us having them in our apartments.  I have a 10 gun safe now that i'll use.  My roommate was so impressed w/ my ARs when he saw them the other day, he's having me build one for him!  parts should be comin in next week.  you don't always have to have money to have fun building ARs
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#30]
You have a 10 gun safe?!?! Lol damn I might come bring my over and hide it when my parents come visit They would rather my pay off 3k of student loans before I graduate but Im gonna have a little fun before I get in the real world How many do you have? Im getting my AR tomorrow (according to UPS) and I have a 12 guage that I might put in the apartment.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You have a 10 gun safe?!?! Lol damn I might come bring my over and hide it when my parents come visit They would rather my pay off 3k of student loans before I graduate but Im gonna have a little fun before I get in the real world How many do you have? Im getting my AR tomorrow (according to UPS) and I have a 12 guage that I might put in the apartment.

over the last 3 months i've been downsizing.  i had 3 ARs, but i only kept my Armalite National Match for competitions.  I have an HK USP9mm, Milspec 1911, Glock 30, custom 10/22, and a couple other .22s and .22magnums.  the 10 gun safe doesn't really fit 10 guns, haha.  but if you need some space to store them when your parents come u can keep them at my place.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#32]
You interested in going shooting this weekend (except sunday) or next week? Im gonna try and hit a range before I ship out on the 25th
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You interested in going shooting this weekend (except sunday) or next week? Im gonna try and hit a range before I ship out on the 25th

I live in greensboro now.  i'm transferring to ECU next semester.  i'd go if i was down there already.  you're shipping out?  when are you coming back?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys can store your guns at my house. he
how far is that from Greenville?  is that the one that's 15 minutes away i've been hearin about?

Sorry, been out of town....Yep, thats the one. About 15 miles south of Greenville just off of NC Hwy 43. Approx. 10 shooting stations, covered roof with concrete floor and benches for shooting off of if desired.  Target stations(pipes in ground) go from pistol range out to 150 yards and they supply the target stands and staplers.  They use a flag system for shooters to cease fire and proceed downrange to check targets. Works fairly well. $15  daily or you can buy a year membership. The range is at a hunting preserve where you can also pay to shoot upland game birds or arrange for deer hunts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, been out of town....Yep, thats the one. About 15 miles south of Greenville just off of NC Hwy 43. Approx. 10 shooting stations, covered roof with concrete floor and benches for shooting off of if desired.  Target stations(pipes in ground) go from pistol range out to 150 yards and they supply the target stands and staplers.  They use a flag system for shooters to cease fire and proceed downrange to check targets. Works fairly well. $15  daily or you can buy a year membership. The range is at a hunting preserve where you can also pay to shoot upland game birds or arrange for deer hunts.

thanks for the info!  how much is a yearly membership?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in greensboro now.  i'm transferring to ECU next semester.  i'd go if i was down there already.  you're shipping out?  when are you coming back?

Argh thats cool man, Im going to my training between April 25-August 10 ill let you know when I get back in town to do some shootin' :-D im me your aim name or email addy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top