Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 11:39:30 AM EDT
One of our guys was shot in the head today while trying to serve a warrant on a rape suspect at the suspect's residence. The officer was struck in the head and luckily survived. At last word he couldn't speak, but was able to communicate via written message. He should still be in surgery at this time. They are saying that his injuries are non life-threatening at this time.

SWAT is on scene and things are developing

Update:

Officer is out of surgery and things are looking good. One of the media outlets stated the round actually penetrated his skull (we knew he had been shot in the forehead) and the round was sitting in his frontal lobe. I'll find out if that is true or not later on.

Update 1603:

Officer was actaully shot in the temple, not the forehead. Again, officer is out of surgery and doing ok.  He still cant speak though
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad the officer's doing better.
I hope this ends the right way.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry to hear of this shooting. I wish the officer a speedy recovery and hope that the shooter gets what he dearly deserves! You guys be careful out there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery........
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on wishing for full recovery.  Prayers incoming.

Please keep us posted NCPatrolAR.  I have several friends who are LEO's and every time I see them I tell them to be careful out there.  

Hope the slimeball gets his just reward.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Everything is over now.  Officer is still recovering and none of us will be able to see him until probably tomorrow.

The suspect was finally forced out of the residence when gas was put in.  When he came out, he pulled a handgun and fired a shot which struck another officer in the head.  This officer was wearing a helmet though (no injury that I know of).  The suspect was then shot several times and is in the hospital awaiting clearance and then off to jail he goes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately the suspect didn't get to meet his maker from what I understand.  Seems CMPD was robbed of justice again just like when John and Andy were killed....too much media coverage for justice to be served.

Hopefully this guy from today's ordeal will have a wonderful prison life as Bubba's bitch.

It's things like what happened today that make me want to go back to work for CMPD.

DL3
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#9]
He and his Family will be in pur prayers, we hope he has a full recovery
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad the shooter got his. Death would have been too easy and quick. This way he will have to live with the pain himself. I only hope he won't  be treated like a star by the other scumbags in prison for being the shooter himself.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how long this guy will actually stay locked up.
I will remember this story the next time there is a shooting involving a suspect fleeing, combative, or even mistaken to have been armed and the media paints some story about why the cops felt endandered...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top