Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 3:13:41 PM EDT
Friday, I went at lunch with a coworker, noticed new store hours.  9-6 on saturday.  I think they open earlier on sunday too.
So this morning I was there about 9:15ish.  I show off my first build, an A2 that I put together.  There is a sign taped to the counter, wednesday is "customer appreciation day" so you get $7.50 range rentals, and half price on firearms rentals.  Might finally be worthwhile to shoot some of their stuff!  Ammo will also be 20% off on wednesday.  Looks like they are trying to gather some business.  They had lots of firearms in stock as always, prices still at least $100 north of what they ought to be on AR's.  Most were around or over $1,000 including the carbon 15 model 4, which should be substantially less.
No .223 bore brushes in stock.  Some inventory was very dusty, like my $15 bottle of otis CLP.  They only had the tiny bottle or the gigantic one, not the mid size one I like.  Check the front knife counter, as they have otis brushes there for $0.95 and in the package they are a dollar more.  I got three.  
There are a lot of pistol mags up for 50% off, however that brings them down to just *normal* prices and most of those are aftermarket like scherer.  AR mags are still outrageous at $32 or so each.  
Staff is becoming much friendlier and better with customers.  Maybe someone actually reads this stuff???

BTW my new A2 that I put together is frigging awesome.  Virtually no recoil.  Groups are perfectly acceptable to me.  Needed a little windage, and a little elevation adjustment at 25 meters, then was very accurate, even with the large aperture.  Very noticeable difference from my carbine.  I put just 60 rounds through it.  It was all that I had hoped it would be.
DPMS lower, and parts kit from Del-ton.
A2 stock, bushmaster gov't profile 1/7 20" barrel, A2 flash hider, cmt A2 upper, RRA bcg.  A2 handguards from PK firearms.
USGI black sling from the fayetteville show.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear they're improving, after a few trips to Davi's I much preferred giving my business to PDHSC.  Davi's rental selection is nice though, I may finally go try that hk p7 on wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats the one.  Going again tomorrow to play with it some more.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to Davi's again for the first time in a year, great rental selection but a lousy experience otherwise.  Ventilation on lane 4 was horrible, sucked smoke from lanes on either side into your face.  I thought the guy behind the counter was joking after the usual several questions, about my guns being empty, unloaded, no bullets, chamber empty, but  then asked if my magazines were empty.  I leave my mags loaded, in the magazine pouches outside the main compartment.  Apparently that's unacceptable, although they didn't make much of a deal about it.  

I realize there's never a shortage of ignorant shooters at that range, but the rules get more rediculous everytime I visit them.  They sell CCW yet they're a POSTED property.  I think I'll continue to support PDHSC with my business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top