Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 6:29:47 AM EDT
Here's the story......went to the gun show on Friday. Two guys that went with me both bought firearms. On the way back we decided to go do some shooting on Saturday and try out the new toys. I start unloading all my toys and one of the wives and her friend looked at my ARand tell me that thing looks mean. I tell them that's why they are called EBR's. She says what? I say Evil Black Rifle. She goes ooooohhhhhhhhhh.
Well the girls go off and start talking, I load a magazine and send one down range. The language and expressions were priceless. I wish I had taken my camera to capture the moment. I've heard some foul language from women, but these girls cussed like a sailor. XM193 out of a 10.5 in barrel is kinda loud and the fireball is always a surprise too. Anyways being the gentleman that I am I offer it up for others to shoot. The line formed beside my truck. You should have seen it. They would shoot a few rounds and quit. I said what's wrong, keep shooting, that's a 30 round magazine. Their eyes got alittle bigger and their grins got wider. Lots of shooting.
Any way I got to work last night and the guy comes over and starts talking about guns and the websites he's checked out. I asked him why he was looking at AR's. He looks at me and grins real big and says...."I've gots to have me one of them" Course when I starting asking him how much he wanted to spend and how he wanted it configured he lost his smile. I had to explain that they all aren't like mine, they're are many to choose from. So I guess I will start flooding his email with required reading material for his in the near future purchase.
I invited them all up to Uwharrie this weekend to see lots and lots of of different rifles so he could get an idea in his head, but they all have a wedding on Saturday.
So we may have a few more black rifles in our midst in the near future.
Oh, to add, he bought a SA XD45.........that's a nice shooting pistol. Sights were off a little. He looks at me and says, What's your 45 do. I pull out the Kimber, shoot out the bullseye, reholster and go back to my truck. He just stands there.

And yesterday I went out in the garage and went through my camping stuff to make sure I have everything ready for this coming weekend and what supplies I need to buy. I almost loaded the truck. I almost talked myself into driving all week with everything loaded cept for the groceries.

It feels good to convert someone over to the dark side

See ya'll next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes you are the Man,
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
It's been 3 days and he is still talking bout it............I've got to hurry up and help him find one
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Muaaahhh!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's been 3 days and he is still talking bout it............I've got to hurry up and help him find one

Maybe he can buy one of the kits from one of our sponsors and build it with your guidance and it will make his 1st EBR more personal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice work.  Thus far, I've lead three of my classmates to become first time gun owners and stoked the interest in others. Not bad for chapel hill.    
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Folks, getting them into shooting is great. Just make sure that they learn safety first.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Folks, getting them into shooting is great. Just make sure that they learn safety first.

Always safety first........I was dealing with 2 girls that have never handled a weapon and I not the kind of person to but anyone in jeopardy for stupidity.

Only thing I did not cover was the proper installation of ear plugs, but didn't find out til the next day. I didn't know that one of them didn't know to roll them, them insert them. She just stuck the suckers in her ear. No wonder she thought the guns were load. I'll know better the next time and double check her before handing her a weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top