Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 1:05:35 PM EDT
I'm a Cary resident and am considering applying for a Curio & Relic FFL.   Who is the local CLEO that I need to mail a photocopy of my ATF form to?

Also, the CLEO only needs a PHOTOCOPY, not a inked 'copy' of the official form?  I was confused by this since other sources said to get two forms.

C&R looks to be $30, and then another $20+ for a bound book to record in...  any other costs or concerns?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my C&R about 4 years ago.  First, I checked with the Wake Co. Sheriff office and they said the sheriff was the CLEO.  Then I checked with Cary, and they said the Cary police chief was it.  I decided to go with the sheriff.  Just mail a photocopy of the application along with a cover letter.  All you are doing is notifying them as required -- the CLEO does not have to "approve" anything.

As for the bound book -- I used the one available from RK Enterprises (805-687-1416), which only cost $7.50 at the time.  The BATF requires certain info to be logged, but you don't have to buy a fancy book to do it in.

That was it -- got the license in several weeks, sent signed copies to various dealers for their files, and then started blowing money on old rifles.  Great fun!

Note:  be sure to make photocopies of your new license first, then sign the copies in blue or other non-black ink.  Keep your unsigned original in a safe place.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The Sheriff is the CLEO you go through.  Also, the new C&R applications have an actual hardcopy you complete and send to the Sheriff
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
NCPatrol,

I ordered and recieved F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

From http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

Is there another form I need to get for the CLEO now?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I put this in the thread you made by accident.

If you just got the packet, the second sheet in the pack should be the one that goes to the Sheriff. It'll say "Copy 2 for CLEO" at the bottom. Also, dont forget you have to send a ATF F 5330.20 form (citizenship certification) in also.

Also, if you go over the the curios and relic portion of the Armory section, there is a huge thread detailing how to get your C&R and any questions you might have.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Opened the packet and now see what you're talking about.  Will fill out both and send them in.  Off to the C&R section..   Thanks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top