Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:49:09 AM EDT
I often go to Graingers Supply behind Davis and I will stop in and look before going back to the shop. Twice, I've struck up a conversation will a ederly gentleman named Jim. His has gray hair what there is of it and wears glassed. He said he works the 1911 counter. Well anyway, yesterday I asked him if they had any 1911 mags on sale like were on sale on that isle. He just laughed and said "probably not, but I do have two mags at home I have no use for anymore that I would give you". I told him I'd give him something for them because I didn't want him to give them away. So today I just went by and sure enough he had them on the counter waiting. They are two in excellant conditions "Meggar"  8 round mags. I tried to give him $20.00 but he said to try them out first and we'd work something out. If you ever stop by look him up he seems to be a great guy. What a hell of a surprise!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Davi's Gun is a great outfit!  Excellent folks all the way around!  

My wife gives me hell about the "technique' that my son & I use when we go to National Guard Drill.  She calls it our "Gun Shop Tour" of North Carolina. he
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The Davis in Raleigh is a great place to go if you want to be treated like an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah what he said. all i want is to look at the over priced guns without being bothered by someone asking if they can help me every 15 seconds. oh, and answer my questions directly without all the other bull salesman fluff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top