Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:11:07 PM EDT
Is the gun show this weekend at the metrolina or the mechandise mart????
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If you value the items inside your car (and possibly the car itself), watch where you park around there and odnt leave anything visible that might tempt someone to break into the vehicle. The Merchandise Mart is surrounded by about 5 or 6 of the biggest dope hole hotels in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Directions please and why is it $8 to get in?!
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Directions:
I77 to Exit  16A, (Sunset Road), at 2nd stop light turn left, go 1/2 mile and the Metrolina Expo is on the right.
The address is 7100 Statesville Rd.

Those directions are to the wrong place.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I will have a booth at the show.

Please stop by and say "hi" to my wife and I.

C_M
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Gonna be there Friday. Trying to get there at 3 when they open but I already know the traffic that time of the day will be a nightmare Still looking for a ruger 10/22 magnum and a guy at work is going for a Springfield XD45.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gonna be there Friday. Trying to get there at 3 when they open but I already know the traffic that time of the day will be a nightmare Still looking for a ruger 10/22 magnum and a guy at work is going for a Springfield XD45.

Actually, traffic that time of day is heavy, buy very much doable.  Just drive 90mph like everyone else and you be o-tay.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
here's an ignorant question, do you have to pay sales tax when you buy from a dealer at a gun show?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
yes
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
here's an ignorant question, do you have to pay sales tax when you buy from a dealer at a gun show?

not only that but most of them upcharge for using a credit card.  I buy very little at shows anymore - the internet, no tax and no BS charge for using a CC.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Funny you should ask............at the Greensboro show nobody charged me any sales tax except for the pistol I bought. Everything else was straight cash.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, who went today, and did I miss anything?  Is it worth the hassle to go tomorrow?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok.............yea I went. Nothing to brag about. Really small. Not even in the Main building, it's off to the side on the right.
xm193....$140 p 500
wolf 7.62....$6.00 a box ! ! !
very few battle packs
I did find trioxane for $1 for three boxes.........bought him out.
Friend got SA XD45 for $485...........one dealer had the same gun for $599.
Saw 2 HK Mk23 for.............$3000 !........his excuse was.....but they don't make those anymore.
Saw a few Kimbers at a reasonable price........across the room....$100 more. Just depended where you looked. We walked the entire room....took like 20 minutes......then went back and bought the cheapest.
Lots and lots of china gun bags, vest and holsters.

My opinion..........not worth the $8 admission.

Show at Expo is at least twice as big............but lots of room in between the tables here..........like 20 feet between rows.

Lots of over priced stuff.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#16]
that really sux.  C&E was advertising 800 tables...  Were there any bulk ammo dealers there?  Ammunition Store maybe?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I went there looking for Ammunition Store. They were a no show. Georgia Arms was the only dedicated ammo dealer. I got a decent deal on a buttstock pack for my 700, and bought a book on Lee Enfield rifles a proper sling for my Lee-Enfield No 1 Mk III*. There were some cool antique weapon to look at, and a few dealers had Mosin Nagant 91/30's and M44's at decent prices. The best things about the show were there was plenty of room to walk around and it didn't smell like arse.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
that really sux.  C&E was advertising 800 tables...  Were there any bulk ammo dealers there?  Ammunition Store maybe?

800 tables............I don't think so.....but there could have been. There were still some empties there at 6:30 when I left. I was told some dealers were not showing up til Sat.

The best deals anywhere that I seen were with Village Pawn. Both of the guys that went with me purchased from them.

I only got one thing on my list to bring home and it wasn't a firearm. I bought a 3 point sling from SlingMaster $25

Oh...........almost forgot..........Shooters Express had there safes on sale with free delivery to your house.........but they wouldn't bring it in the house.

I ended up stopping at China-mart to get my ammo on the way home.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:02:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Gonna be 4 or 5 of us fresh off deployment at the June show, anyone here going?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#20]
don't for get to print your coupon.

www.cegunshows.com/coupon.htm
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I was thinking of going tomorrow, any surplus hiking bags or survival stuff around?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#22]
It seems like these shows are not even worth going to anymore.....with the power of the internet you could find anything they have at these shows for alot less $$$$$.
The shows are nice to go to and get the feel of something or see something in person but almost every seller thinks they have something that you cant get elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I think there is still some usefulness to them.  If nothign else, you sometimes locate the odd thing that you cant find online.  At the last Metro show, I saw an 870 RAS for sale.  Try to find one of those in stock
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It seems like these shows are not even worth going to anymore.....with the power of the internet you could find anything they have at these shows for alot less $$$$$.
The shows are nice to go to and get the feel of something or see something in person but almost every seller thinks they have something that you cant get elsewhere.

I'm usually pretty stingy, but I actually found a couple good deals there.

Sorry I missed ya, NCPatrol...  stay offline long enough to get out once in awhile!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm usually pretty stingy, but I actually found a couple good deals there.

Sorry I missed ya, NCPatrol...  stay offline long enough to get out once in awhile!

Some of us are busy unpacking boxes in our new houses.  Speaking of getting offline; didnt see you at the range today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top