Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 7:05:02 PM EDT
I'm sure you guys hear this type of request a million times a week, but I need a range or a cow pasture or a piece of vacant land safe enough to shoot and allow me to qualify North Carolina CCH students.

If you know of a place LOCAL to Salisbury, let me know.  We can and will work something out!

Thanks for the patience!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm sure you guys hear this type of request a million times a week, but I need a range or a cow pasture or a piece of vacant land safe enough to shoot and allow me to qualify North Carolina CCH students.

If you know of a place LOCAL to Salisbury, let me know.  We can and will work something out!

Thanks for the patience!!!

I took my Concealed Carry class at a private facility in Salisbury. It is a VERY NICE place, it's cost the club millions to build from what I was told. They offer memberships (for a fee). and have some skeet shooting and matches that are available for participation in by non members. They had rented range time for my instructor and I'm sure they'd do the same for you. I just can't for the life of me remember the name. Hopefully someone else will be able to help out with that. It is definately an excellent facility. I think this may be the place.

The other alternative is Uwharrie's Flintlock gun range. It's federal land and is totally free to use. It's in Denton/Troy off of Hwy. 109. It's maybe an hour outside of Concord going North on Hwy. 49. It's a nice place too. Not nearly as nice as the place I talked about above, but still nice. There are no amenities (electricity, drink machines, food nearby, etc.), but it's in the beautiful Uwharrie National Forest and it's free. They have five covered lanes with tables and two benches each at 100 yards (10 people could shoot at a time) and a slightly smaller covered pistol range at a distance of 25 yards.

I hope this helps. What are you charging and when are you going to be offering your class? My neighbor would like to take one. Shoot me an email if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I am part owner of a little company called Defensive Concepts North Carolina.  My partners and I bring the training to you if you can provide or have access to a range/safe place to shoot legally and a place suitable for the lecture.  We operate anywhere in Western/Central NC if some conditions are met.

You get the full 8 hour NC State mandated course for $60 per person.  You line up a class of 10 students (not counting yourself), you take the class for free.  Every class has a minimum of (2) NC Certified CCH Instructors attending, so ALLLLL questions will be answered (if they are asked).

That's my story in a nutshell and I'm sticking to it.  ;-)

I can't believe my fellow Salisbury crowd hasn't chimed in (hint hint).

BTW - - - the range you alluded to is super sweet, but they want too much to join and have too many restrictions.  I am not a bench shooting purest nor a skeet shooter, so persons such as myself get the "stank eye" when we show up.  Trust me....  been in front of their BOD to make a couple presentations...............  STANK EYE I tell you.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am part owner of a little company called Defensive Concepts North Carolina.  My partners and I bring the training to you if you can provide or have access to a range/safe place to shoot legally and a place suitable for the lecture.  We operate anywhere in Western/Central NC if some conditions are met.

You get the full 8 hour NC State mandated course for $60 per person.  You line up a class of 10 students (not counting yourself), you take the class for free.  Every class has a minimum of (2) NC Certified CCH Instructors attending, so ALLLLL questions will be answered (if they are asked).

That's my story in a nutshell and I'm sticking to it.  ;-)

I can't believe my fellow Salisbury crowd hasn't chimed in (hint hint).

BTW - - - the range you alluded to is super sweet, but they want too much to join and have too many restrictions.  I am not a bench shooting purest nor a skeet shooter, so persons such as myself get the "stank eye" when we show up.  Trust me....  been in front of their BOD to make a couple presentations...............  STANK EYE I tell you.......

Wow, that's an excellent deal, especially with two instructors. That should keep you pretty busy.

I know what you mean about the range too. It's the nicest shooting facility I've been to. I think the joining rates are $600 for the first year and $125 per year after that. They said you even get your own key to the place. I went on a Monday morning and the place was empty except for our class, so I don't know what kind of people they have. But I know the type you're talking about. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I show up for some skeet with my 870 with Surefire 9 volt, side saddle and ghost rings, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top