Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 5:51:06 AM EDT
iam going down there for a week at the end of the month...

getting out of this crap hole of  illinois for some r and r

with the familly...

ive been to myrtle beach but never north mb..

hows the weather end of march early april?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The weather is great. Warm enough to spend the day at the beach but not so hot you will want to stay inside all day. You should beat some of the Summer crowds also. Last year I stayed at the Avista resort and it was a great hotel. They just finished building it this year and is located away from the crazyness of Myrtlebut still ocean front. If you want to hit the ocean for a few hours I would recommed going up to Calabash NC. for a day. Their is alot to do and you can catch a boat ride out to see dolphins and they also follow a shrimp boat and show you everything  they catch. I think we were on the ocean for about 2 - 3 hours and my doughter loved it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:21:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I headed down later this month. The wife has a convention and wants me to tag along. Not much for the beach or sitting in a conference, any good gun shops around?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Go fishing if you want (will need a license)

Myrtle Beach is actually a nice fishing spot if you can find a pier or jetty.

Giant tiger sharks have been caught in the past.

CRC
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
NMB is nice this time of year, less tourist than MB. Only bad time of the year to be in NMB is Memorial day weekend. All the rice rockets hit the town, traffic is bumper to bumper. As far as fishing, you can either hit the piers in MB or make the trip to Cherry Grove.

For the gunshops, We have two good Ranges. The one i work at has been damaged by fire, not sure if it will be up and running by the time you get here. Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range. The other is down on the south end, in Murrells inlet. Some people complain about those guys attitudes at Coastal Sports, i've only been there once or twice since they won't allow you to fire more than 3rds from your AR, and thats only if your sighting in a scope.

ETA, you'll only need a license to Saltwater fish if you are on a personal watercraft. AFAIK, no license is needed to fish from the pier, or surf fishing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the replies guys...:)

man i miss the south i actually grew up in

VA. but moved to IL. when my mother passed.

been up here23 years and i hate it lol....

used to go to MB in the summers as a kid
and decided to continue with my kids..

thanks again guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top