Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 3:43:25 PM EDT
Must be some of you trap shooters could direct me to a cache of once fired hulls! Please IM me if so as to where I can look.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
How many are you looking for?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
For 12 gauge, about 4000. Had a line on some for 37.5/K and took too long, they got away. Know someone?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
THE ARgon???  Sorry bro, can't help ya
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a large hefty bag and four 50Liter rubbermaid tubs of old AA hulls in varying state of use.  Everywhere from once fired to 20 shots and counting..  Probably not what you're looking for though.  I don't think I have enough of the once fired version to keep you happy.  Have you checked Graf and Sons or Wideners?  

I worked for an guy in high school who had been a major gun aficianado, and who was getting on in years, so he no longer did much shooting.  At the end of my last summer before college, to say thanks for being a good worker, he gave me those four tubs full of trap loads, 200 punds of shot, 20K AA Wads, 25lbs of 700x, 25lbs of red dot and a P. Warren 8000B.  

The extra hefty bag full is a collection of AA hulls that I picked up at the trap/skeet range over the years.  Some are the "new" design some are the old.  Unfortunately, they're a hodgpodge.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Wolffie, I'll keep looking. Really need onced fired old style. We (the wife and I) shoot about 8000 rounds a year and want to have good cases. I will try the places you suggested.

Yes, Five, IT'S ME!

ETA:

Nice bunch of stuff you have, You must have been a good friend. Use it well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We (the wife and I) shoot about 8000 rounds a year]

Note to self- don't wager money on skeet with ARgon.

I wish. Do love handguns however. Shoot a lot of shotgun to get me ready for bird season. Now that is something I really love!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Just bought a bunch of Remington hulls. Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Just curious, why would you want the old style?  The new ones are pretty good.

Here's a weekends worth for my son and I for a skeet match:

And the loaders:

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just curious, why would you want the old style?  The new ones are pretty good.

Here's a weekends worth for my son and I for a skeet match:

www.ncdeer.net/images/guns/shells2.JPG

And the loaders:

www.ncdeer.net/images/guns/reloader1.JPG

.410, 28, 20, and 12? Nice set up. I like the old hulls. When they made the change over, I got a lot of splits down the sides. Never had that from the old style. Anyway I tried Premier STS Remingtons this week, and found them to be a great hull. I'm using the Dark Green and the Gold Nitro 27. I've loaded 3000 this week, ordered some more hulls and will load another 5000 over the next couple of weeks. We only shoot from Mothers Day to Labor day. We can get snow to Mothers day, however not often. We will on the occasion shoot from a foot fed thrower in April. As for snow, we got 18 inches last night, and are still getting about an inch an hour now. You guys cutting your lawns yet?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What is this "snow" you speak of

You know, the white crap that falls from the sky from September to April and sometimes May.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Oh you mean when you follow  a chicken truck?

Now that is truly funny!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I've had really excellent results with the new hulls, especially in 28 & .410

It is really getting difficult to cost effectivlyu reload with the cost of shot so high, particularly in 12 & 20.  I shoot mainly 28, so I can save a bunch over factory ammo.

I always try to scavenge 28 and .410 AA HS hulls, so if you know anyone that wants to get rid of them, let me know!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've had really excellent results with the new hulls, especially in 28 & .410

It is really getting difficult to cost effectivlyu reload with the cost of shot so high, particularly in 12 & 20.  I shoot mainly 28, so I can save a bunch over factory ammo.

I always try to scavenge 28 and .410 AA HS hulls, so if you know anyone that wants to get rid of them, let me know!

Will do.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I've loaded some of the Remington STS hulls, and I've had good luck for them.  I found that they were a slightly different length than the AA's but it's never been a problem.  The PW press is a PITA if a hull gets stuck, so I try to be very careful with what goes in it.  A bad hull will mushroom over the top of the full length sizing die won't push out, so that I have to cut the crimp off and push the whole mess through.  

I've bought shot locally at about $14 for a 25 pound bag.  Only in #8 or #9 though.  I'd like to find a good source of Buckshot for 3-gun loads.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#18]
$20 a bag here for 7 1/2
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
$20 a bag here for 7 1/2

$24 for magnum 9s or 7 1/2s here.  Ugh.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've loaded some of the Remington STS hulls, and I've had good luck for them.  I found that they were a slightly different length than the AA's but it's never been a problem.  The PW press is a PITA if a hull gets stuck, so I try to be very careful with what goes in it.  A bad hull will mushroom over the top of the full length sizing die won't push out, so that I have to cut the crimp off and push the whole mess through.  

I've bought shot locally at about $14 for a 25 pound bag.  Only in #8 or #9 though.  I'd like to find a good source of Buckshot for 3-gun loads.  

Dude! Where in NC?  I'd drive a couple of hours to buy a couple hundreed pounds at that price!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude! Where in NC?  I'd drive a couple of hours to buy a couple hundreed pounds at that price!

It's Lawrence Brand Magnum shot, and I bought it at Mace Sports in Mebane last fall.  Next time I go up there, I'll see if it's still $14.  They usually have several pallats full of it.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's Lawrence Brand Magnum shot, and I bought it at Mace Sports in Mebane last fall.  Next time I go up there, I'll see if it's still $14.  They usually have several pallats full of it.  

Cool.  Is that the place right off the highway? Mebane is less than 2 hours away!

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Is that the place right off the highway? Mebane is less than 2 hours away!

Yeah, it's exit 157 (buckhorn road) off of I-85.  Go north on buckhorn road, and take the first left hand turn after the on ramp to I-85 west.  It'll be about a half mile down the road and on your right.  You could call them and ask.  They are closed mondays, but the open at 10 on tuesday.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:47:43 AM EDT
[#24]
If you get there and it is $14, pick me up a --load and drive it on up!

Edit-Language-u352
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top