Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:08:43 PM EDT
So I go in to Davi's around 12ish.  They are full, so I leave, eat lunch and run home for a minute then went back around an hour and a half later.  I get on the list and browse for 15 minutes.  There are no left handed holsters in that store.
I questioned one of the range people about the kaboom.  He was a little more informative than I expected, and said that an individual fired "a destructive device".  He would not elaborate, but mentioned that more restrictive rules were put in to place to help with that issue.  There was blood on the floor, and I couldn't really get more than that.  I told him it was pretty stupid of that person to do that, because the rules are already restrictive.  Now, all of the range users are subject to search upon entering the facilities.  That means unloaded mags, no loaded weapons, etc so forth and so on even more than before due to one individuals stupidity.  He did mention that since he knew me by now that its unlikely to affect me, but it also depends on who is working that day.
The employees are generally more polite than ever, but there is still room for improvement!

I spent a good amount of time playing with my new back up irons and eotech.  I caught a dude standing behind me with a smile that would put the grand canyon to shame when he saw my evil black rifle.  I would have offered him a mag, but it took a while to sight in.
First, I zeroed the YHM flip up rear sight.  Previously the bushy carry handle was zeroed to 50 feet.  This time I did the calculation and zeroed the sights at 82 feet.  Using the forward grip as a monopod, I found the front sight needed to come up 6 clicks, the windage 2 clicks left.  Dead nuts on the bullseye.  The eotech was a hell of a surprise.  Off 10-11" too high and 2" to the right.  Using 3 clicks of adjustment got me nowhere.  I couldn't tell you how many clicks it took to zero.  I was shooting 3 shot groups and then moving the adjustment down 12 clicks each time.  I finally got it close to zero, and noticed to my noobish surprise that eventually the red dot zeroed exactly with the iron sights when I used them.  While I completely suck shooting standing up, I could produce a 4" group at 25 meters and put the holes in the general area of the red dot.  Another fascinating surprise, just like the folks at Arfcom said:  At an 82 foot distance, the reticule no longer moves around in the window when I move my head, changing the point of aim.  I could stick my head anywhere behind the sight, and hit in the general area of the red dot.
90 rounds of georgia arms' finest reloads later and I feel like a new person.  I threw 3 mags through my glock 21 for good measure, jamming it once on the process as usual.  I may have been limp wristing on that shot.  It was a fail to feed, and I found the mag would not drop out.  I simply racked the slide back again, fed the round and continued wasting ammo.
I enjoyed the hell out of that trip.  

So in the rare defense of Davi's, don't blame them if you get hassled or searched, some other idiot ruined it for you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, it was good to finally put a face to an avatar.  And glad you got to do some shooting.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah!  Nice to meet you again, and I will definately see you soon!  I was really hoping to play with that new glock today, but as it was I had my hands full with the eotech.  Maybe next weekend the new sights will be in and mounted and I can pick it up.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the frustration of waiting for stuff.  My SPR didn't come either but even when it does come, I can only visit it until the money to pay for it gets here.  In the meantime, I have a scope, rings, and bipod ready to go.  Have fun with the new toy.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... There are no left handed holsters in that store.

I  did a walkthrough when I went there to test out the PM9 in the rental case, and the only lefty holsters I saw were for a beretta 92. They had like 3 of em. Come to think of it, I think they were in the clearance section.

Sounds like a good day at the range. :-)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Now they're doing searches?  TSA style, they pat you down and grab your crotch or what?   This place just gets better and better
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#6]
<german accent> Let me see your Papers</german>
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First, I zeroed the YHM flip up rear sight.  Previously the bushy carry handle was zeroed to 50 feet.  This time I did the calculation and zeroed the sights at 82 feet.  Using the forward grip as a monopod, I found the front sight needed to come up 6 clicks, the windage 2 clicks left.  Dead nuts on the bullseye.  The eotech was a hell of a surprise.  Off 10-11" too high and 2" to the right.  Using 3 clicks of adjustment got me nowhere.  I couldn't tell you how many clicks it took to zero.

My guess would be about 73 clicks for elevation, and 15 for windage

(at 300 feet, 2 clicks on the eotech moves POI 1 inch. At 82 feet, about 7 clicks moves POI about 1 inch, if my math is correct.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top