Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 3:08:52 PM EDT
I went and got fingerprinted like a common criminal, and applied for my CCW permit today.  Afterwards I made the trek to Rudders gun service in Butner.  I spent all day there.  What other place do you know of that will just let you hang out and play with the toys all day?  I learned a lot, and gathered quite a bit of interesting hands on information.  Keep in mind I am a noob, so seeing things like a scoped .308 with two triggers is way cool to me.  I got to play with several trigger jobs and see how nice they were.  I ordered up a Glock 36, some Xpress big dot sights and Bill is going to hunt me down a nice pocket holster for it.  He really was quite busy today, but didn't mind my hanging around one bit.  He told us of a lot of neat stuff he saw at the shot show, future business plans, and some of the guns they were getting in.  They had a S&W M&P pistol, a 5" slide springfield armory .45, and a couple of really bad ass air guns.  One of which looks like a fully equipped beretta storm, with weapon light and scope!  He has several AR-15's to choose from also.  An A2 post ban 20" with green furniture, a bushy varminter, and at least 5 other 16" carbines in either A2 or A3 uppers.  He had an ak47 converted to .223 and an AR-15 that was 9mm.  At least one carbon 15 I think also, the 9mm may have been carbon too.  He had a little bit of everything it seems like.  It was a good time, and a good way to burn off an extra vacation day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top