Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 2:14:37 PM EDT
i've heard people say everywhere from 5 days to a month to get their pistol purchase permit back after applying.  how long did it take ya'll?  this is in Wake county btw.

I want my HK

edit: aw man, evil post count.  that means it's gonna take extra long
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
When did you apply for them? They told me to call back in 7 days.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When did you apply for them? They told me to call back in 7 days.

haven't yet.  it'll be done tomorrow, just wonderin how long i can expect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I forget but no more than a week....  Wake county also.  The ccw wait has me worried.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I forget but no more than a week....  Wake county also.  The ccw wait has me worried.

yea, my brother waited around 90 days i believe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wake county is 7 days on the nose.

awesome!  thanks!  i'll definitely have my new toy by the time we all go to the big shoot!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

5 business days, and no need to bring an affidant, they're cordial about it, even hand out free gun locks.  Plus you can get up to 5 at one time and they're good for 5 years whether the sheriff gets voted out of office or not.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 business days, and no need to bring an affidant, they're cordial about it, even hand out free gun locks.  Plus you can get up to 5 at one time and they're good for 5 years whether the sheriff gets voted out of office or not.

dangit! shoulda done it today and had it by friday.  oh well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
5 minutes in Wilson County!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never heard of it being more than three days in Wake County, that's how long it took for mine, anyway. CCW takes about three months, though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Forsyth is 7 business days.  Get your CCW and be done with it
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
not interested in doin the CCW at the moment.  will in the future though.  thanks for all the help!  i hope it's only 3 days!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never waited longer than 3 days in Rowan county...  I've gotten them back in as quick as a day before.

Here's the trick with the CCH issue...  Usually the State is held up by the Feds.  Believe it or not, NC has it set up so that you can only wait a maximum of 90 days.  If you do wait the full 90 days, call your Sheriff.  You'll have it in a couple days after that.

edited because
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]
BTW - - - under current possession/buying laws, the CCH is the cat's behindy.  Even if you are not at all interested in carrying, the CCH DOES have numerous perks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
BTW - - - under current possession/buying laws, the CCH is the cat's behindy.  Even if you are not at all interested in carrying, the CCH DOES have numerous perks.

the thing is i cannot legally have a concealed carry permit.  I'm 20, and getting into competitive shooting with my father.  when i'm 21, i will  get my permit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#16]
FWIW, I am a CCH Instructor.......  You can take the class now.  You don't need to be 21 to take the course IF that is your concern.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
FWIW, I am a CCH Instructor.......  You can take the class now.  You don't need to be 21 to take the course IF that is your concern.

so i just take the class now and get the permit when i'm 21?  where do you teach?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr
so i just take the class now and get the permit when i'm 21?  where do you teach?

You can take the class anytime, PREFFERABLY in the 18-21 year old range.  You cannot apply for and receive the CCH permit until you are 21.

We travel.  If you have a safe place to shoot and 9 buddies that need the class, we can/will come to you.  If you need details, let me know.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#19]
well, thanks for the offer but i will never be able to scratch together a group of 9 people that would want to take it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Man, you'd be surprised...  I didn't think it would work either, but it does.  All it takes is word of mouth.

I'll let you know when we have a class.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Man, you'd be surprised...  I didn't think it would work either, but it does.  All it takes is word of mouth.

I'll let you know when we have a class.

yea, definitely let me know.  i can't get people together for a class, but i could definitely join in on one.  thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:48:26 AM EDT
[#22]
wake county pistol permits

They say 7 days which I interpret to mean 5 business days, figure a week, it may be sooner, but they say 7 days
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Cabarrus County takes 24 hours, give or take.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Let me know if you guys are putting a CCW class together. I'm definately interested, especially if its less than an hours drive from the triangle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Haywood County= 5 minutes
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#26]
you people w/ no wait time suck

anyway, it was applied for yesterday.  i don' think i'll have the gun in until next week anyway so i guess i'll have the permit before then.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#27]
hey m4_grunt, count me in if you have a class going on, i can get maybe 3 people.

On a side note, newb question that has nothing to do with the current topic; how do you quote somebody on this site?

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Got 3 today in less than 5 minutes, of course when you are buying 3 every couple months they get to know your face and are reasonably sure you aren't gonna do anything stupid with it, which is the whole purpose of the Delayed reciept of a purchase permit.

M4 Grunt, where in NC are you?

DS King where are you? if you're close I'll go in with ya on a CCH class.

I'm in the W/S- Greensboro area

Jason
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Got 3 today in less than 5 minutes, of course when you are buying 3 every couple months they get to know your face and are reasonably sure you aren't gonna do anything stupid with it, which is the whole purpose of the Delayed reciept of a purchase permit.

Jason

Salisbury, NC...................  and danged proud of it..............
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#31]
ain't a thing wrong with Salisbury, I spent about 8 months there working at the VA Facility when they remodeled one of the Kitchen areas in building 10

couple Nice shops in Salisbury and there is Rowan county wildlife club, which has a super nice facility.

Jason
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Jason

i'm in Greensboro
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I meant no offense.

Most people give me the "oh, Salisbury..............." looks/remarks.  I kinda dig it here.  I'm not native.  Transplanted here 'bout 7 years ago.

Up 'round Greensboro, huh?  Any idea where to shoot between me and you?  I'll settle for cow pastures.  I ain't proud..........

BTW - - - good to meet ya!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#34]
There's a shoot this weekend in statesville, right off Hwy 21. its a garand style shoot so Arf and Ak's are taboo, but if you wanna go and don't have anything to shoot that fits the bill lemme know I'll let ya borrow a garand.

There's a range in the Edge of yadkin county at the Forsythe/yadkin line, its only 100yds though. I gotta 100 yd range in my front yard
there's a 1000yd range over near wilkesboro but they are a bunch of benchrest purists(no offense intended)

there's a skeet range in statesville as well as eastbend(Northern yadkin county)

uwharrie, Ramsuer( I don't go there anymore) and there's a range in Ellerbe near rockingham at Camp millstone(4h club) RGC is having several shoots there this year.

There is grandview firearms in oldtown indoor range(the range at the edge of Yadkin is owned by Grandview)

Thats it off the top of my head,

Jason
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, well....  You and I need to talk about this range in Statesville.  Is it public or private?  Might you have a contact number for someone associated with the range?

As for the shoot this weekend...  I appreciate the offer.  I unfortunately must bow out due to obligations I have in Fayetteville this weekend.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#36]
its a Private range, That is owned/operated by a bunch of North South skimmerishers but according to "John" he's been harping on them for about 2 years to open the range to Highpower shooters and has finally gotten a date set, This Saturday.

You can contact John at [email protected] I'm sure he'll be able to provide you with what ever info you desire.

Well hopefully we'll be able to meet face to face sometime. A little Teaser fo you and the other guys here, a few Video clips of a shoot held at my home range on new years eve.

new years MG shoot Dec. 31st 2005
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]
The wait  time on pistol permits is up to the county Sheriff .  In Catawba it's 5 days but in Burke county it's same day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
its a Private range, That is owned/operated by a bunch of North South skimmerishers but according to "John" he's been harping on them for about 2 years to open the range to Highpower shooters and has finally gotten a date set, This Saturday.

You can contact John at [email protected] I'm sure he'll be able to provide you with what ever info you desire.

Well hopefully we'll be able to meet face to face sometime. A little Teaser fo you and the other guys here, a few Video clips of a shoot held at my home range on new years eve.

new years MG shoot Dec. 31st 2005

WAIT.  stop the train... you live near greensboro... and you have your own range?!  hmm...  something's wrong w/ this picture... i'm not there
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#39]
walk in walk out with as many as you want in Randolph. I don't know what the limit is, I got 5 at one time before.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Dsking,

No offense but I'm kinda skiddish about inviting strangers to the property. I'm relatively new to Arf.com but lets meet some where like Uwharrie and after I get to know you, You'll likely get an invite to visit.

Jason
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Dsking,

No offense but I'm kinda skiddish about inviting strangers to the property. I'm relatively new to Arf.com but lets meet some where like Uwharrie and after I get to know you, You'll likely get an invite to visit.

Jason

haha, don't worry, i was just kiddin about that.  i'm not THAT forward, haha.

but yea, i'll meet ya at Uwharrie, and if i don't scare ya too much (i'm a scrawny little 20 year old) i'd be glad to keep ya company on your property sometimes!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#42]
ya know I think we kinda went OT on this particular post not to mention Hi-jacking it.

Well I plan on being at the march shoot at uwharrie and if you're available this weekend I'll be at a shoot in Statesville right of hwy 21 and I-77

Shooting at my little range is usually a huge event, 22lr to 50 BMG with tannerirte mixed in for a little extra noise. bolt guns to Beltfeds. I'll allow just about anything except alcohol.

33yrs old today and starting to look like the old michelin Man

Jason
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'm with stupid,
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#45]
just get your CWP and you don't have to worry about it
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Gotta love it.  Randolph county, about 5 minutes.  YEA BABY!

Quoted:
Haywood County= 5 minutes

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#47]
U352 & Five,

Thanks for the "B-Day" emoticon, The older you get the less of them you get.

Jason
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#48]
took me 5 days in forsyth county, 45 days for my CCW, and now I don't have to wait for "purchase permits" anymore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top