Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:22:21 PM EDT
 Are any of you members of the greenville gun club?  Ive really been thinking about joining or applying i guess i should say but i was curious about some of the inner workings of it like how the people were and all.  Im also interested in their rifle and pistol ranges and what all you can do there.  I dont shoot skeet so i wont beon that part so im not too concerned about that.  I may try it sometime for something different though.  
From what ive read they ghave a 300 yd rifle range.  Is that the longest stretch they have or can you shoot past that?  
I prefer to shoot with only a few people around so is it a busy place for the most part?  

If im 300 yds downrange changing my target or something whats keeping some person not paying attention from shooting close to me?  Is there a range officer or are the people there pretty safety minded and look out for that to happen?  

How are the pistol ranges set up?  

Im trying to teach my girlfriend how to shoot and she is taking it on pretty well so thats another reason why i would like it to be kind of quiet there to shoot so she wouldnt get uncomfortable.  That goes for both pistols and rifles.

Thanks and any information or pictures you can give me whether i asked for it or not, i would appreciate.  Im tight on money so this would be a big deal kind of to join.  If its a good place to shoot it may be worth it to me to relieve some stress and have a good time.  Thanks, Major        
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been a few times. My co-worker is a member and I plan to join shortly. I have shot 50 and 100 yard rifle. Not sure if it goes to 300 yard.  25 yard pistol range. Skeet/trap.  I have never been on a weekend only went during "lunch time" ;) during the weekday. Generally had the place to ourself. I have played the golf course close by GCC on the weekend and it does sound like WWIII over there.
FWIW there is a free/state range in Easley that is pretty nice. Only been there once during  an "appointment" on a Friday. 100 yeard rifle and nice pistol range. No rapid fire :(
All in All GCC is pretty nice. IMO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the easley range your talking about is the one ive been going to.  It is pretty nice for a free range but it takes me about 45 min to get there and i like to shoot further that 100yds when i get the chance.  I lived in greenwood for about 5 years and i think i got spoiled with the national forest range only being 10-15 min away.  Thanks for the reply and keep them coming, Major    
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Major, I'm a member of the GGC.  

The rifle range does go out quite a way, but I can't verify the yardage.  300yd doesn't sound unreasonable, though.  You can't shoot farther than that last berm as there are woods and houses to follow.

The pistol range is 25yd and has a shorter 55' range.  All shooting positions are covered.  IDPA takes up 5 "bays" near the end of the rifle range.

The quality of the people is the same as anywhere else, I guess.  I've never run into a rambo or knowitall.  Crowding can be a concern during "prime" hours on "prime" days.  During the week or early in the morning, you pretty much have the place to yourself.

Truthfully, it's the best game in town.  The next closest open range is in Anderson, but I don't deal with Gilmer and wouldn't recommend that you do.  I hear that S'burg has a range, but I've never been there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  Im going to try to save up the cash for the fees and get the ball atleast rolling on this.  Feel free to keep the thread going if anyone else has anything to add or verify.  Thanks, Major  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top