Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:10:22 PM EDT
Went by Gunworks in Salisbury NC the other day and they had about 6 AR's M4, 16' tacticals etc, also a large amount of accessorys from aimpoint, A.R.M.S, yankee hill, ace stocks, all kinds of stuff, even 4 yugo m70 AK underfolders,
really impressed he had all that stuff in that shop! if your local and looking for any thing check them out!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats not too far away from me!  In High Point here.  Nice to know of a place nearby to go look at some AR stuff...  you got any directions ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
from highpoint go 85 south to Innes st exit# 79 , turn rt go 5 lights and look left for a green neon pistol in the window! not to far from you about 30 min.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Might have to head up there.  What are the prices like?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Might have to head up there.  What are the prices like?

Yea.......

Whats the address. I live in salisbury and have never heard of this place!!! lol

---NVM I think I know where you are talking about, my dad knows the guy who owns that shop. I have been meaning to stop in and ask him how much for lower transfers...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#5]
GUN WORKS, 201 E. INNES ST., SALISBURY, NC, 28147
704-209-3517
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
i always stop there when i go to the va
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats a old number . the new number is 704-639-0018, and they have awesome prices.
same prices as gun show prices probably even better!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
from highpoint go 85 south to Innes st exit# 79 , turn rt go 5 lights and look left for a green neon pistol in the window! not to far from you about 30 min.

Thanks SG!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this the shop on the corner just up from O'Charlies and such?  When driving by, I can never tell if they're open.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is this the shop on the corner just up from O'Charlies and such?  When driving by, I can never tell if they're open.

When you find out, we should take a ride down there, whaddya say?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thats a old number . the new number is 704-639-0018, and they have awesome prices. same prices as gun show prices probably even better!

+1

I just checked the place out as a result of this thread.  I'm glad I went in there.  Decent prices; many items similar to what we see on EE here, without shipping.

As an aside - owner tells me he cannot get any 7.62 ammo right now, and he didn't have any 5.56 in stock.  

BTW, he is a class III dealer also.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Seems like the place to go...

Does anybody know the opening hours ?

thanks Spaceghost

John
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Seems like the place to go...

Does anybody know the opening hours ?

thanks Spaceghost

John

They are open 10 AM to 5 PM m-f When the green NEONguns on there open!
He's a Rock River dealer , Bushmaster dealer also,and the prices are smokin' I have bought 4 guns from him in the past few months and probably 20 in the past years.
This is the shop near O'Charley's and he's all the time got neat interesting stuff , he's got angles of getting cool stuff too!
Call him and get a price, You'll be surprised!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#14]
NCPatrol - Talk to me about GUNWORKS.  If you've figured out who I am, you'll know why........
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]
space is correct.  Gunworks is a pretty good source for not only AR stuff, but damn near anything you need.  He is THE ONLY gunstore I deal with for numerous reasons.  Ask me for my list.

Dave is a good guy.  If he doesn't have the magic toy you are looking for (I'd be surprised), he can and will get it.  Not only does he sell the "stuff", but he KNOWS the stuff.  If you break it and can't fix it or don't have the time to fix it, HE CAN.  I highly recommend Dave both as a good guy and the only source for AR stuff/gun stuff in the Salisbury/Concord/Lexington/ even CHARLOTTE area hands down.  You'll find no better.  Again, ask me for my list and/or why.

YOOOOOOOO space - - - it's a shame you're here in Salisbury and we haven't met.  Contact me [email protected].  I'm at Dave's off and on during the week to drool over the AR goodies.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#16]
anyone know what he charges for transfers?(class III)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't say for sure, but I do know that you won't get hurt, FWIW.  He handles transfers often, so it's not a special request.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I can't say for sure, but I do know that you won't get hurt, FWIW.  He handles transfers often, so it's not a special request.

Yea I gotta get up there and ask dave how much he would charge for some mega lowers/transfers.... I live like 10 mins from there but always forget he has that shop for some reason.... And my dad knows dave somehow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
NCPatrol - Talk to me about GUNWORKS.  If you've figured out who I am, you'll know why........

I'll shoot you an email
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#20]
He without doubt is yer guy.  

No, I'm not on his payroll.  I just believe is spreading the good word to and about good folks and keeping my local good guys in buisness.  Call me selfish.............  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Gunworks is a great shop and david will try to tell you straight and help someone out, he'll trade from time to time and when it comes to fixing stuff he's great!
I'm a picky bastard and never like anyone messing or working on my stuff but me because of too many real bad experiences, but I always feel real comfortable letting him work on anything I've got! he's got and had many nice firearms in the past and appreciates them and knows how to take care of them! even when there not his own!
He does some business with  police officers and numberous times I've seen very fair transactions that really tells me they trust him!
Overall I think if you live 30-40 minutes a way just stop by his shop and chech them out! it's worth your time!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
He without doubt is yer guy.  

No, I'm not on his payroll.  I just believe is spreading the good word to and about good folks and keeping my local good guys in buisness.  Call me selfish.............  

Hi Selfish I'm Spaceghost! LOL!
are you in smallsbury also?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, yeah.  It may be small, but that's just the way I want it for me and the family.  Good people here.  Good schools.  Not too much riff raff.  I can't walk outside and run pistol/rifle drills, but dats OK.  I can drive a bit for that.

Maybe we'll run into each other at Dave's.  I'm sure I owe him some money for something he hasn't sold me yet.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
 I'm sure I owe him some money for something he hasn't sold me yet.

Yeah, and I'm sure he owes me a gun I hav'nt payed for yet! LOL!
see ya soon, the plumber!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey m4_grunt, sorry bout not looking here instead of asking addresses in the other thread. I guess now there's no question on making a road trip from hickory to check Gunworks out.  Thanks for the info.  Any place to empty brass around there?  Would hate to make the trip and find out I miss a chance to light powder.  Thanks again.

F3
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#26]
anyone visiting smallsburry via I 85 ...get off at exit 79 and take the scenic route through east spencer
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:53:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
anyone visiting smallsburry via I 85 ...get off at exit 79 and take the scenic route through east spencer

Not unless I'm riding with you AND wearing body armor.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:38:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ive done that before to avoid a traffic jam on 85
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Gunworks next friday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GLOCK-23

Yea there had better be a carfull of us....... Pretty rough neighborhood.

I can't wait till the next ARF meet at Uwharrie so I can acutally meet some of you guys!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GLOCK-23

I can't wait till the next ARF meet at Uwharrie so I can acutally meet some of you guys!

Used to be fpretty rough.....I usually have a pistol on my hip and a rifle and shotgun in the trunk when I visit that area.

I think we should have an ARF meet in e. spencer
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GLOCK-23

Used to be fpretty rough.....I usually have a pistol on my hip and a rifle and shotgun in the trunk when I visit that area.

Hey im up for it if everyone else is :p.... To bad there is no place to shoot around the Salisbury area :(, Only place is the wildlife out on Majolica rd. but at $600 for the first year and $125 or $150 every year after its kinda pricy!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Yeh !,Long street is a great long distance sniper rifle range! LOL
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yeh !,Long street is a great long distance sniper rifle range! LOL

Seriously though I wish there was a place to go near salisbury that wasent so exspensive. I work on call so its hard for me to get down to Uwharrie sometimes because I only have 1.5 hrs from call time to get to work. If there was someplace closer I would get to shoot alot more often.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#35]
PHA is right up I-85 from Salisbury.  Don't know what the startup fee is now but it's $100 a year dues. Might be worth looking into.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#36]
i'll definitely check out gunworks on my next trip up 85 from gangland, er, charlotte.

I guess I need an EBR to really fit in at these meets
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#37]
hey guys, where is he in relation to Wake Forest? or Raleigh? this guy sounds like the junk and would love to check him out. i'm willing to drive to get somebody whos not going to BS me about buying a gun. thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone remember his price on Yugo underfolders?  May have to run down there on Monday...Off work that day.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#40]
i'm all about a road trip. does this place have a website? i like to do my research before i purchase and driving about 2 hours is a bear unless i get something, if you know what i mean.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
tag
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I'm sure I owe him some money for something he hasn't sold me yet.

Yeah, and I'm sure he owes me a gun I hav'nt payed for yet! LOL!
see ya soon, the plumber!

OH NOOOOO!  You just blew your cover..................  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hey m4_grunt, sorry bout not looking here instead of asking addresses in the other thread. I guess now there's no question on making a road trip from hickory to check Gunworks out.  Thanks for the info.  Any place to empty brass around there?  Would hate to make the trip and find out I miss a chance to light powder.  Thanks again.

F3

3Fs -

Don't know if I can help you out with local ranges.  I myself drive 'bout an hour south to shoot.  There is a huge range in Salisbury, but.......................  I'll keep my trap shut.

Hickory ain't that far off.  35-45 minutes and you can be at Salisbury's shrine to ARs.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
PHA is right up I-85 from Salisbury.  Don't know what the startup fee is now but it's $100 a year dues. Might be worth looking into.

Ummmmmm,  you and I need to talk 'bout this place.  If you can give me some kinda contact info about it, I'll shake the tree and see what happens.  As earlier posted, I drive an hour south to Efird's range to shoot.

[email protected] if ya gots da time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, dang people!!!  You have bought my man Dave out!  Now how an I going to get MY toys and parts?!?

jeeeeesh........
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I talked to dave yesterday and he can't get it in fast enough! I'm waiting on 1 US PROPERTY marked RRA AR lower and 2 consecutive number High Standard AR lowers.
I think it's great that dave orders stuff quickly when someone wants it! he really needs to get a bigger shop. As far as yugo's go, I paid $475 for mine a couple months ago and he's got several more coming soon!! but I think he said his supplier is going up a little on them!!
stay tuned and I will post when they come in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top