Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 4:48:19 PM EDT
Has anyone stopped in the revived gun shop/pawn shop that was formerly operated as Thomas'??

I drove by (with no time to stop in) and noticed new signs/name on the building.

Anyone have comments or experiences to share??

Lex
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember Thomases from over 10 years ago when I went down 70 from Raleigh to a place called Buckleberry's (anyone remember that range?).  Thomases was cool.  Had EBR stuff, bought a Colt Sporter Lightweight from them, they had a sign out front "STOP!  BUY A GUN!"  No wait, that was Tod's gun shop.  Thomases was on the right hand side of 70 heading towards the beach.  Was a nice shop.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
wasnt that Todds gunshop? on tommy road?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thomas's was great.  We used to stop in after pistol matches and he was one of the nicest shop owners out there.  I went down one night to buy a rifle- he stayed about 45 minutes after closing to help me out.  

Last time I drove down that way it looked like it was closed?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thomas's was great.  We used to stop in after pistol matches and he was one of the nicest shop owners out there.  I went down one night to buy a rifle- he stayed about 45 minutes after closing to help me out.  

Last time I drove down that way it looked like it was closed?

Mr. Thomas had to retire due to illness, closed the shop and had it for sale/lease.  Looks like someone else has taken the space over and opened a new store.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
He was one of the few shop owners who actually enjoyed customers coming into shop.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I remember Thomases from over 10 years ago when I went down 70 from Raleigh to a place called Buckleberry's (anyone remember that range?).  Thomases was cool.  Had EBR stuff, bought a Colt Sporter Lightweight from them, they had a sign out front "STOP!  BUY A GUN!" hat

Buckleberry's - - - man has it been a long time since I have heard 'bout that place!  That place still open?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember Thomases from over 10 years ago when I went down 70 from Raleigh to a place called Buckleberry's (anyone remember that range?).  Thomases was cool.  Had EBR stuff, bought a Colt Sporter Lightweight from them, they had a sign out front "STOP!  BUY A GUN!"  No wait, that was Tod's gun shop.  Thomases was on the right hand side of 70 heading towards the beach.  Was a nice shop.

Buckleberry's - - - man has it been a long time since I have heard 'bout that place!  That place still open?

closed for 5-6 years now  You ever shoot there?  Place was great,  pay $3 then it was up to $5, shoot all day, in the summer time you could jump in the crystal clear water from one of the sand pits.  Couple years ago was getting nastalgic and went to see if the shooting part was open, I think it's still open for ATV's, not shooting though
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to go there quite a bit.  Back in da day I lived about 8-10 miles from there.  You know, that place wasn't just good for shooting....................   ...................   BUT BUT BUT it was a good cheap place to blast guilty mounds of death deserving dirt!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Mr Leo was probably the nicest down home gun dealer I have ever bought from. I would make out of the way trips from Greenville to Fayetteville via Goldsboro to see him and talk to him and his wife. I miss them alot. I hope they are doing okay.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mr Leo was probably the nicest down home gun dealer I have ever bought from.  

Yes, they were.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top