Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 12:44:46 PM EDT
Anyone Pitt County (NC) Wildlife members ? Just wonderin how many people If any are members there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I was, it got too rich for me.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I was when I lived down that way. It was a nice place to shoot.

Haven't been back since FLOYD wiped them out. I spoke to a member at one of the recent Raleigh gun shows, he said they have built it back.

I know they were raising their fees but it takes a lot to keep up a range of that size with such a decent clubhouse. It used to be damn tough to get people out for workdays until they started cracking down.

Given the explosion in building around them, I'm surprised they haven't been shut down yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Elbow,

I have never shot there but have been to their pistol shoots and it seems like a tight spot. I mean if you volunteer once in a while to help clean up they will knock some off on membership fees. I am from Greenville also and I have gone out to Paradise Valley which is on Hwy 43 like going to New Bern. It is on the right just before you get to Calico Crossroads. There is a church on the left and PV is down the road at the end. Go to the Barn and the gent who owns the range will collect the $15 fee to shoot which is all day I believe. I only shot for an hour and went to Guns Unlimited afterward. If you plan to do any shooting there for a given period time bring a cooler because there are no stores near. Same as with Pitt Co. Wildlife Club. One of the rangemasters that works the Wildlife Club sometimes work for Adventure Outfitters in Winterville which across the RR tracks from the Police and Fire stations.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#4]
my dad is a member there , He lives between Rocky Mount and Greenville , I go there with him sometimes when i am home on leave , my range down here in mississippi is larger than that and only $50 a YR, Used to go to shooters  in RMT. The place in greenville is a nice one though
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Elbow,

I have never shot there but have been to their pistol shoots and it seems like a tight spot. I mean if you volunteer once in a while to help clean up they will knock some off on membership fees. I am from Greenville also and I have gone out to Paradise Valley which is on Hwy 43 like going to New Bern. It is on the right just before you get to Calico Crossroads. There is a church on the left and PV is down the road at the end. Go to the Barn and the gent who owns the range will collect the $15 fee to shoot which is all day I believe. I only shot for an hour and went to Guns Unlimited afterward. If you plan to do any shooting there for a given period time bring a cooler because there are no stores near. Same as with Pitt Co. Wildlife Club. One of the rangemasters that works the Wildlife Club sometimes work for Adventure Outfitters in Winterville which across the RR tracks from the Police and Fire stations.

I always enjoy going to Guns Unlimited, Jerry is supposed to be getting a bunch of SAs, Glock, CZs in any day now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top