Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 2:14:25 PM EDT
A guy at work said you can't leagally own a Full Auto anything in NC .. Is that true or is he mistaken.... ?? Thanks guys ,  WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
He's mistaken.

You will need a CLEO signoff, but there are numerous counties in NC that are NFA friendly.

Sadly, I don't like in one of those counties...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He's mistaken.

You will need a CLEO signoff, but there are numerous counties in NC that are NFA friendly.

Sadly, I don't like in one of those counties...

So your saying that it is possiable to live in a county that you can't have one ??? Thanks I will pass the word. I think he lives in Forsyth county. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You can have WHATEVER (Class III) you want.
Some counties require a CLEO to OK it.
You can get around this by forming an LLC. NC is like 75-150 bux.
Than you can buy whatever the hell ya want.

So the next time yer buddy says someting, ask him if he takes his pick-up to the lawn guy for repair?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So the next time yer buddy says someting, ask him if he takes his pick-up to the lawn guy for repair?

An LLC cannot get around the CLEO signoff in NC, per Attorney General Mike Easley's interpretation of the NC statute.  Most states, yes, but not this one.  It sucks, but that's what we're stuck with.    
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An LLC cannot get around the CLEO signoff in NC, per Attorney General Mike Easley's interpretation of the NC statute.  Most states, yes, but not this one.  It sucks, but that's what we're stuck with.    

For any other weapons you can get an LLC because it is NOT COVERED in NC statutes

All other NFA is
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Full auto is regulated by two statutes in state law.

If you can search I think they've been posted before.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For any other weapons you can get an LLC because it is NOT COVERED in NC statutes

All other NFA is

I didn't realize that about AOW's.  So an LLC could buy a Serbu Super shorty?  Cool.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, if you live in the right county. Sheriff in nash county will not sign anymore since Attorney General Mike Easley told them not  to sign any form 4s http://i1.tinypic.com/mujzg3.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/muk18w.jpg
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes, if you live in the right county. Sheriff in nash county will not sign anymore since Attorney General Mike Easley told them not  to sign any form 4s

i1.tinypic.com/mujzg3.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/muk18w.jpg

Nice!  Getting real close to check into joining SSI, members have to renew by March 1.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So your saying that it is possiable to live in a county that you can't have one ??? Thanks I will pass the word. I think he lives in Forsyth county. WarDawg

Forsyth? No wonder. We have one of the most liberal leaning county governments in the state. Its a nice town and all, but I really do hate putting up with all the dems.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes, if you live in the right county. Sheriff in nash county will not sign anymore since Attorney General Mike Easley told them not  to sign any form 4s href=i1.tinypic.com/mujzg3.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/muk18w.jpg

Correct me if i am wrong i thought Easly was the Gov.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
This was back when Mike Easley was the attorney general in 2000.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This was back when Mike Easley was the attorney general in 2000.

He was a real pain about NFA stuff when he was AG.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Per ATF, the sheriff must be the one to sign in NC.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top