Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
AR-15 and the like.  I read packing.org and I believe that you can have it as long as it doesn't violate the NFA.  I may be incorrect, and that is my reason for this post.  I am wanting to move there as soon as I sell my home, but I want to make sure that SC is gun friendly before I ditch FL (gun friendly...mostly).  Anyhow...thanks for the replies in advance.  Also, anyone know a good area to move that is more rural, in the mountians, and homes aren't outlandishly expensive?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There are not a lot of mountains in SC to move to.  

I would try moving to somewhere like Spartanburg. Near the mountains but in the Piedmont.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
SC is EBR friendly. no mag limits, or state AWB style laws. no pistol purchase permits. no waiting period. no limits on guns bought in a day. CLASS III state.

mountians? gonna have to talk to someone upstate. im down here in the "lowcountry".
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on all the above. SC is very EBR friendly, but i stay in the lowcountry, coastal area.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Moutainous terrain doesn't begine until you get into the westernmost territories.  Traveler's Rest (actually a town's name) is at the bottom of the ridge, right below the continental divide, and was the stopping point for travelers to rest and recover before beginning that long, agonizing trial over the mountainridge and into Hendersonville, NC.

Another mountain town you might have heard of is Clemson.  It's your standard college town with some superhot honeys, and there is work in the area.  I'm not sure about the living costs, but it can't be too bad.

Greenville is east of TR and not mountainous in the least.  We're in the piedmont, which makes walking around really nice.  The upside is that there is plenty of work, costs aren't high, and housing is good.  A few hours drive will see you in them thar hills, or sunning on the beach.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My moms got a house for rent in Clemson?Anderson if interested.  SC is gun friendly on just about everything you can think of.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Like others have said, SC is AR15, CWP, and NFA friendly (in most counties at least)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top