Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:02:02 PM EDT
Hey guys.  I was wondering if anyone knew of places to shoot around New Bern besides B&R.  I'm looking more for somewhere I can just go out and shoot something besides paper targets under a covered line.  I've heard conflicting reports about the legality of shooting in the Croatan, so I'm at a loss.  

For a controlled range, B&R is nice I suppose, but it's a long drive to go punch holes in paper and wait out too many cease fires.  Somewhere to shoot tannerite, bottles, clays, and the like w/o a rangemaster or an idiot next to you flagging you every time you turn around.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Good freakin' luck!
I do know of a cool little spot in Havelock, 2 miles off the paved road,  if shooting south, 9-10 miles before any civilization.
Google Earth off 101
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes a good place to shoot would be nice.I don't know to many
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]
And just when I thought there were enough reasons on my "Why NC sucks" list...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top