Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 2:59:15 PM EDT
Well,
Although it rained all day I guess everyone had the same idea. Leeds rifle range was buzzin with mostly Black Rifles, A.K.s, H.K.s a M1A, a beltfed Browning,  several suppressed weapons,  a couple of full autos and other assorted cool weapons. I love it when hunting season's over.
I also got to meet a few members on this board.
Base-Rigger  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]
excuse my ignorance,  where and what is leeds?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello htony1,
When I say Leeds, I'm talking about the Woods Ferry shooting range near Chester S.C.
Here's the directions taken from the Charlotte gun range thread.

The easiest way to explain how to get there is get a S.C. map and find Chester, then find Hwy 9 comming out towards Lockhart (only about an inch on the map. If you're on Hwy 9 heading towards Lockhart or comming from Lockhart towards Chester, There is a sign at about the half way point on Hwy 9 telling you to turn to go toward the range. Turn left from Chester and right from Lockhart. The sign says Woods Ferry Rec. Area, It's all part of Sumter National Park. Turn down that road and go about 5 miles to the entrance. Don't take the first entrance about 1/2 mile off of 9. It goes to the Dove field and horse riding trails. If you're on hwy 9 comming from Chester you know you're getting warm when you see the big communication tower. The turn is near the bottom.
Oh Yeh, they're starting to crack down on shooting at anything but paper targets. They'll get you for "Shooting at unauthorized targets" be carefull what you shoot at.
When I went yesterday, the 100 yrd target hanger thing was knocked down so you might want to bring a way to suspend your targets just in case theyr'e not repaired yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
cool.  im over in columbia so maybe i can check it out somtime
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top