Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 6:49:09 PM EDT
I've moved from Miami, FL to Fairview, NC almost 3 years ago. There seems to be quite a shortage of public ranges. Can anyone provide intel on Moss Knob? I have heard very little about this place.

The Asheville pistol and rifle membership is too expensive for just a 100yd range. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gunzer Great
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Take 107 through Sylva to Cullowhee Mtn. Rd. make a right onto Cullowhee Mtn. Rd. go about 1-2mi. to a fork in the road , right onto Tilly Creek Rd. follow it up the Mtn. about 7-8mi. to Goodensville Mine Rd. on left, follow Goodensville Mine Rd. ( dirt Rd. ) for about 2mi. untill you see the range sign turn left and go about another mi. to Range on your right. There are about 5 covered cement benches ,you are able to shoot from either side, 100-150 yds. and a portable restroom.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the range near  Bent Creek on old 280.
I thought that was AR&P, but I also thought
they had a 200 yd range, as well. I shot a
Garand Clinic there a few years ago.

Let me think some more... it's early...

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Wildlife Resources Commission is building a range  at Lake Logan/Cold Mountain.

Call them and check.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top