Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 9:11:18 PM EDT
Hello! I've been looking for CMP-affilerated clubs where I could just join. Of the clubs I've seen, you either must be admitted by other club members, attend things, ect.

I just want a club where I can send them $20 (or whatever) so I can be a member and get an M1 Garand. That is all. Not looking for anything fancy. Prefer clubs based in the Carolinas, but they are definately not necessary. I'll take any CMP club that will just take the money in exchange for membership.

EDIT:

And Merry Christmas to all of you!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]

clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/clubSearch.cgi
Hope this helps.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You can join the Garand Collector's Association, though a local CMP affiliated club would be a nice luxury. Look around for one before you join the GCA right away. The M1 Garand is a funky weapon. Some face time with a vet will save you a from lot of potential frustration.

Galland
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/clubSearch.cgi
Hope this helps.
GLOCK-23

Unfortunately, the list maintained by the CMP isn't that great. There's a bunch of clubs there that say "OPEN," however when I call and check, they are invite only... and have rather ridiculously high member rates ($50 and up for one year...). I do not need any club related activities or anything, no benefits. All I need is a club the CMP recognizes so I can be eligible for a Garand.

Galland, I'll look into that Garand Collector's Association.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Garand Collectors Assoc worked well for me. Send them a $25 dollar check and they notify the CMP that you are a member. Buy Garands.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hello! I've been looking for CMP-affilerated clubs where I could just join. Of the clubs I've seen, you either must be admitted by other club members, attend things, ect.

Don't know if you qualify or not but I believe the VFW and American Legion are considered acceptable clubs now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top