Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 3:23:41 PM EDT
I WOULD POST THIS IN GD BUT IT WOULD BE ON PAGE 20 BY MORNING.........

Anyone around here know anything about wireless alarm systems,we had a break in a week or so ago at my brothers work  shop,it could have been MUCH worse,but now I am looking to add a system that includes a dialing unit  to call a few cell numbers if this happens again,there was a video security system,they took it.... there was good locks&lots of light......both broke...I'm just looking to add a wireless system,to back up a hard wired system.....thanks for any help....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the best commerical alram systems I've seen has been Sonitrol.  We have a business that is hit repeatedily. Since they switched their alarm from audible to silent, we have almost a 90% capture rate for the B/E suspects.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Having spent a number of years in security R&D I have to strongly recomend against wireless systems if you're really concerned about property loss. A low end, hard wired system will be pretty bullet proof as long as it's installed corrrectly.  Stay away from glass break detectors. if motion detectors are used, don't skimp on them. A good dual detector will keep you from having to run there for false alarms. If you want the best, as NCPartolAR said, check out Sonitrol. They have the highest on scene arrest rate in the industry. In all fairness, I did work for Sonitrol in the R&D area but haven't been with them in many years now.  I still feel they are the best bang for your buck.  If you just want to have a simple, reliable, call your cell then let me know and I can try and help you out in email instead of clogging up the board and also not giving away your security plans.

FFF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top