Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 7:53:15 PM EDT
Went to the new Walmart tonight to pick up some Winchester white box 223 for my Dads new RRA he is getting for Christmas, and the dude behind the counter says it is against state law to sell ammo after 10pm. It was 10:05.

Is this correct?  If it is, I have never heard of it.  They have 30-30, 30-06, and shotgun ammo on the shelves, but he said he couldn't sell anything that was in the case.

By the way, this is the new store on S Elm-Eugene St in Greensboro.  They have some of the most unhelpful, mean and down right disrespectful people working there.  Even though it's a longer drive, I am going back to the store in Randleman from now on......
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno if its against the law, but my local Wal-Mart doesn't sell ammo after 9 or 10 pm. I think its just a store policy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
same for me here in sc
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Here in SC it's ten o'clock when they stop issuing ammo from the "depot" as I often refer to it as.  However they leave the value packs laying out on a shelf behind the counter.  I have been known to issue them to myself when there is no one around and when it's after 10.  The cashier up front asks for ID most of the time, and always asks if the 9mm is for a handgun...  Standard reply is "No, its for a machine gun.  I don't own a 9mm handgun."   Yeah, I'm lying to them, sort of, but it really isn't anyone business what type of gun I'm gonna use them in.   The sporting goods guys and gals are nice when they are there. I don't mess with them, they are actually helpful and courteous.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here in SC it's ten o'clock when they stop issuing ammo from the "depot" as I often refer to it as.  However they leave the value packs laying out on a shelf behind the counter.  I have been known to issue them to myself when there is no one around and when it's after 10.  The cashier up front asks for ID most of the time, and always asks if the 9mm is for a handgun...  Standard reply is "No, its for a machine gun.  I don't own a 9mm handgun."   Yeah, I'm lying to them, sort of, but it really isn't anyone business what type of gun I'm gonna use them in.   The sporting goods guys and gals are nice when they are there. I don't mess with them, they are actually helpful and courteous.

The handgun question is to satisfy Wally Worlds policy concerning ammo sales to persons 18 and 21 years of age, the register prompts the question.  I do like your answer though
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had an issue buying at anytime here.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
thats the walmart policy NC and SC
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]
So it's policy only, not NC law....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never heard of a time frame on ammo/firearm sales. Age limits, yes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]
ive got ammo at walmart here in SC at 3am before. they just stop manning the sporting goods section usually after 10. on weekends they have someone there 24x7 though, and even if noone is there i just drag someone from some other section to get what i want.

the walmart closest to me has all the shotshell ammo out on the shelves so you can get that whenever as well just bring it up to the front with you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
How're the prices at WalMart?  Its a pain in the ass to have to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to get some extra ammo for a bit of plinking.  Besides the fact that the cheapest .308 they sell is about $1/round.  And there's no way I'm paying that for something to shoot at a piece of paper or maybe a cinderblock.

(Re-Reminds self to start buying in bulk online sooner rather than later. )
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How're the prices at WalMart?  Its a pain in the ass to have to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to get some extra ammo for a bit of plinking.  Besides the fact that the cheapest .308 they sell is about $1/round.  And there's no way I'm paying that for something to shoot at a piece of paper or maybe a cinderblock.

(Re-Reminds self to start buying in bulk online sooner rather than later. )

Unless you just need commercial hunting 308 I would never buy fmj 308 from chinamart for
the above price. Go here for a always updated list of online surplus 308, and MERRY CHRISTMAS

rifle-company.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=431

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the link!  Lots of good info there.  

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#13]
i jut talked to a a guy at wallmart he said they can sell ammo after ten but not guns becuse a sporting goods emplyee hasto be ther for the gun sales they told me the manager cant even sell you one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top